Stupid Names

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I served with a guy in the US Navy. He had a crazy first. I don’t recall his first name but it was very outlandish. When he graduated boot camp he legally changed his name to John. He said he felt like his mother set him up for failure and couldn’t blame anyone for reading his name on a resume and skipping over it. His only reasons he joined the Navy was A, to get enough money to legally change his name and B, to be able to put service with an honorable discharge on his resume. I haven’t spoken to him in years but I hope he’s doing well and I’m sure he is.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    At a place I used to work, we bought a smaller company that had about a dozen branches all over California. I had to call them all up and arrange to ship computer equipment. The receptionist at one of those locations was named Golden Peters. Score another one for the Peters clan.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    My sister worked of a doctor & her favorite was A little girl, Placenta.
    Frank Davis from WWL did a story of Natural Nawlins from Charity hospital. The nurses best was a girl Formica Dinnet. The woman seen a furniture ad in the newspaper for you guessed it, a Formica Dinnet.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    I heard someone run a name over the radio once, spelling it out, A-Q-U-A-N-E-T-T-A. Newer officers don't get it, but I just about spit my cola all over the dash and windshield.

There was a girl in BR who worked at a Popeye's, her name was pronounced La Dynasty, but was run together on her name tag to read LADYNASTY. I've seen the picture proof.

I went to school with two brothers whose dad was name Harold, so they were D'Harold and T'Harold.

My sister teaches, and there was a student at her last school named Missapril, a substitute thought she was getting an attitude when she called her April and the girl kept saying "My name is Missapril," and the substitute was chiding her that "We don't address students as Miss."

I ran into a woman named something along the lines of Raymonique Michaela, driving a car belonging to her father, Raymond Michael, who I guess because he didn't have a son to name "Junior" did the next best thing.

One of my favorite memes out there is the one that says "For the love of God, parents, please consider what your child's name will spell backwards," posted by Marlana.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    People who name their kids like this are subjecting them to a lifetime of frustration. Every time they are asked their name in an official situation it's going to get real. Others won't pronounce or spell it the "proper" way. It is just stupidity on a grand scale.

Top Bottom