Subprime meltdown seen coming

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    Man, I figured the liberal haters would be all over this. :confused:

Your source is FOX News, so take everything from them with a grain of salt (and any major media corporation- they're all biased).

As far as this, yea, Republicans pushed for regulation of Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac, but the Democrats said it was stupid. They're a main contributor to this crisis (they allowed a major part of it, anyways), and now they are also the ones conducting the repairs to try and dig ourselves out. Kind of scary, if you ask me. All the while, George Bush is getting blamed globally for it all.

If Bush is getting blamed for the economy, and his terms in office lead way to many people wanting "change" and voting in Obama- I can't wait to see what happens come 2012. They'll be rolling out the red carpet for someone else.

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    It can be argued (rather successfully I might add) that it was actually the systematic deregulation of the banking industry in the 80's, 90's, and 00's, the creation of interstate banking, the repeal of Glass Steagall II, the passing of the Gramm-Leach-Blily Act, the consolidation of commercial and investment banks, and the merging of banking and insurance underwriting services that created most of the financial problems that we see today along with those that we will see in the future but don't see now in the MSM (e.g. derivatives such as credit default swaps). Both the Republican and Democratic administrations had equal hands in this as did lobbyists from the banking, investment, and insurance industries.

What's worrisome to me at this point in time is that the ruling class, through their government facade, has managed to gain control of 80 percent of personal real estate investments because it now owns (and controls) Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. If the dollar were to collapse, it is theoretically possible that the International Monetary Fund might require this property as collateral to make a loan big enough for America to buy its way out of international debt. In other words, if you can't beat em' buy em'.

If there was ever a good reason for them take away our guns, then this would be a good one. Can you imagine the societal upheaval that would occur if this were to take place?

Last edited:

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    Hmm.

But what would happen if it becomes collateral? This isn't the first time I've heard of this concept (IMF owning US property), whether it be Reynolds-Wrap material or not.

Born4spd

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    I blame the FED.

Look what they keep doing, they cut the interest rate to increase liquidity in the markets.

Then they point to the Stockmarkets gains to say that it worked... yea right maybe the value only went up because cutting the rates killed the USD.

Morons.

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    What's worrisome to me at this point in time is that the ruling class, through their government facade, has managed to gain control of 80 percent of personal real estate investments because it now owns (and controls) Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. If the dollar were to collapse, it is theoretically possible that the International Monetary Fund might require this property as collateral to make a loan big enough for America to buy its way out of international debt. In other words, if you can't beat em' buy em'.

If there was ever a good reason for them take away our guns, then this would be a good one. Can you imagine the societal upheaval that would occur if this were to take place?[/quote]

The goal is 100%. They want to own and control it all and the people. Their goal is to bankrupt America and destroy the middle class, which is well on its way. What is happening in Iceland is headed this way. The bailout give them power over everything. They don't have to disclose when/where/what the money is going to. Actually they now have control of the military also, and will be using them here when the rioting starts as the dollar drops to nothing. Soon the masses will also find out that the savior is not going to save them, and that will just make it worse. Tough times ahead.:mad:

Top Bottom