Swine flu shots

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Gonzales
    A client and friend and trusted docter recommended not taking instead H1N1 take the standard pneumonia, he stated deaths occur because the swine flu pushs you to pneumonia.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    No D-Day, it isn't because we eat so crappy. It is because of a myriad of reasons. Got acid reflux, there is a purple pill for that. Can't get a boner? There is a blue pill for that. Got anxiety? There is a yellow pill for that. Can't pay attention in class? There is a pill for that. What about a runny nose and swollen eyes during allergy season? Yep, there is a pill for that too.

And if there are people on here who are breathing past their expiration, it is because their insurance hasn't run out yet. As long as there is money to be made on you, you can bet your sweet ass they will keep you alive.

ding ding....rat there

I was getting ready for knee surgery, leg hurt like hell and on a pre op visit my BP was hi, the doc ask if I'm on BP meds, I told him no, I don't need tehm anymore since starting on the Apple cider vinegar thing....I said my BP was up cause I hurt like 8 on a 10 scale...he looked at his assistant and I got the up eyebrow from both of them

When you suggest anything thats natural cure related around people who work on pill comission it's usually a look reserved for flower wearing hippy girls singing kumbayah in the park....

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Good points, stancel! And the FDA cannot issue recalls, the drug companies do and they only have to issue "lots" and who the hell knows what the time duration is... And we KNOW the research is seriusly flawed in many cases. They are apparently immune to prosecution (since the FDA okayed the drug and it's not like the drug companies don't have lobbyists). I once dated a med school student and every Thursday it was another drug company rep wining and dining us on steak and wine. No biases in that industry...

So we "must" take the Industry's recommendations (that fill their stock portfolio and the asshats who run the show) and the biased doctor's recommendations.

Uhhhh, I recall the Tuskegee Experiment and the fact that we had Small Pox infected in Haiti plus a myriad of other "ooopses" that I'd much rather forgo the medical experimentation.

Those who choose otherwise are FREE TO DO SO. JUST LET ME & OTHERS WHO FEEL AS I DO THE HELL ALONE. Is that really asking too much?

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    The Hep.B post made me remember ,Fox news says the Govn. will push the H1N1 Vac. this year . I made my mind up last year I ain't taking it !!! I might be pushing keys on the computer with my long snout ,but I ain't taking it....:)

Once you've had the H1N1, you don't need another. It's the same strain.

We need a flu shot each year as the strain or strains prevalent or predicted to be prevalent change from year to year.

Us old pharts don't need the H1N1 as we were exposed a long time ago. I think those of us over 60 are contra-indicated for it.

I'm in a high risk group. I'm 70, have type 2 diabetes and compromised lung functions so I get it, usually thru the VA so it only costs me $8.

I take twelve prescriptions a day so I appreciate modern medicine and big pharma.

senseiturtle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2007
    South Carolina
    A client and friend and trusted docter recommended not taking instead H1N1 take the standard pneumonia, he stated deaths occur because the swine flu pushs you to pneumonia.

Sorta true.

Pneumonia is a general term for lung infection.

Influenza can cause pneumonia on its own.

But the "pneumonia shot (also called pneumococcal)" is for streptococcus pneumoniae, a bacterial agent responsible for ear infection, pneumonia, some meningitis, etc.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shoalsfugro View Post

My primary doctor said the same thing last year.

gocoastal

I'm a girl.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    NOLA
    Viral infections hamper the immune system, thus making an infected person more prone to other infections, particularly pneumonias, since flu viruses are primarily respiratory.
    Pneumonia can be caused by many different bacteria. The vaccination only covers pneumococcus, the most common cause of pneumonia.

lefty

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Hattiesburg, MS
    never had a flu shot before, but its free and im back working in a pharmacy so ill probably get it while on the work clock on a slow day.

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I find that if you punch the swine flu right in its little piggy snout, it leaves you alone.

Vaccines are for sissies. Real mean punch viruses into outer space.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    I am off of the Hep-B discussion, but Yrdawg brings up a great point. This is one of my major beefs with our medical system and doctors. When is the last time your doctor asked you during a checkup if you were eating enough fruits and vegetables? Or if you are taking any vitamins? Or if you drink plenty of water? WHY?? These all can have a profound effect on your body and your natural immune system. Instead, it is typically 15 seconds of them looking in your ear and up your nose, then if you don't feel well, handing you a prescription.

Is it because doctors see almost as many drug reps per day as they do patients? Or is that just the new school attitude? We are a over medicated nation, in my opinion.

Agree with the you need a better doctor comments posted earlier. The number one idea pushed at my institution is lifestyle modification in the form of preventative medicine. Exercise, Diet (Including Vegetables and Fruits), and Stress Reduction. I have to go see actors (standardized patients) and work through problems with them involving how to incorporate those things into their busy lifestyles.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Last year we didn't. Too many questions. This year, yes we probably will. I'm leary when they develop a vaccine on the fly. Now it's no more different in terms of time, and expectation etc than a regular flu shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom