Swiss K-31 Rifle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavalryJim

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    The days of sub-$100 K31s has past but you can still find them for around $200 from AIM Surplus, SOG, and Classic Arms.

....nevermind, I just checked the websites for AIM & SOG and both seem to be out of K31s. Classic Arms still has them listed. I'm sure a few other surplus dealers may have some. Get one while you still can!

usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks for all of your responses. I bought a nice one today. Made in 1943 in excellent shape with walnut stock. Also have an original, dated sling and muzzle cap. Now to get the ammo and she what she will do.

oldironsights

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2008
    Carriere, Mississippi
    Keep us posted on how it shoots, been curious about them myself

I have never, ever heard of a dissatisfied K31 owner.
    The K31 barrel & sights were made by SIG, & the fantastic trigger was made by Hammerli. Other parts were made by smaller contractors, & assembled by government workers in Bern, Switzerland.

The GP11 ammo is all match grade.

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    They cannot easily be converted to .308. You would need to somehow remover the old barrel (I think it is press fit somehow) and replace it with a .308 chambered barrel. The 7.5 X 55mm cartridge case is both longer and bigger in diameter than a .308 (7.62 x 51mm). You are correct that the bores are .308 so there should be no problem reloading when the GP11 runs out. GP11 is excellent ammunition. Much better than any M72 or M118 Match ammo that I have ever fired.

I love my K-31s. In 2006 I placed 2nd in the National Vintage Rifle Match at Camp Perry with one. But for a cross-fire, I would have placed 2nd again in 2007.

Dan

Pops

Old but not dead .
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    EBR Parish
    Pangris , I have 8 different old battlerifles covering 7 different calibers . Hey , it happens . There's no rule that says you have to keep 500 rds of 7.7 Jap or
    .303 British etc . on hand . If the zombies attack , I have a good supply of 5.56 and Garand ammo to work with . :D

My advice , buy it because you like it . Not because you already have ammo for it . And remember , my advice is worth exactly what you paid for it .

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    DZ, you are bad news. You have me looking at surplus rifles alike 1903s and these swiss thingies that I had now use for 3 weeks ago... and they are all the wrong calibers.

Just remember when you buy - if one is good three is better.:rofl:

The Pied Piper

usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Well I was suprised to find the 7.5 swiss ammo at Cabela's. It is the Wolf Gold (which I have never used), any opinions on the Gold? Now I will have to load a magazine and see what happens. I do know that I will be saving the brass. It is time for me to learn how to reload. Need reloading components for 45LC, 5.56, 30-06, 40, and 7.5 x 55.

Top Bottom