Take off your hat in Regions Bank.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I'm sure some of us feel that wearing a hat indoors is disrespectful, and some of us feel it is not. How many of us gentlemen have worn a plain jane white hanes tshirt or the likes over blue jeans? Just a few years ago, your undershirt (white hanes tshirt) was known as underwear, and was quite disrespectful to wear alone in public. I had been scolded by my old general manager after bartending a few nights and taking my dress shirt off to wear my tshirt underneath as my closing attire and he would quote, "Sir, I do not find it appropriate for you to wear your undergarments while in this building."

He was dead serious. It's not even a lack of common courtesy, it is just a sign of the changing of the times. Not many of us Salute anymore when approaching someone's house or a member of law enforcement to show we are unarmed. How many of you gentlemen wear jeans to Church? Not long ago that was considered ill advised and of poor taste, and of bad manners. Everyone comes from different upbringings and backgrounds.

Saved me from saying it.

Should end the thread drift.

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    I think the bigger issue is how everyone demands respect from other people at their expense.

I see the same type of thought pattern with the people who get all bent because a private property owner says they cannot CCW in/on their property.

Courtesy/manners are something that have gone by the wayside because people have allowed them to.

Want to wear a hat at a bank? Find another bank. Don't come on here spewing idiot **** about how you were "disrespected" for being asked to follow policy - something that is CLEARLY posted on any branch of Regions bank - and then expect everyone to pat you on the back. Sorry, it's just plain rude and disrespectful to other people around you.

Most Americans have turned into the biggest self centered selfish assholes on the planet. It's amazing. I greet 2-3K people coming off cruise vessels and 90% of them are UNBELIEVABLY rude. I still smile, greet them with respect and wish them a safe trip home. All while they pull their passports and DL's from their mouths, bras and God knows where else.... and then hand it to me. Yeah, amazing. Ironically, the MOST respectful people usually are the foreigners. That and most everyone I have met from Utah has been great. Rural Mississippi seems to still have some manners.

How can we ever expect to change the direction of our nation when the "anything goes direction" remains the status quo?

Things for us all to consider....

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Rules are rules and life is short. Don't sweat the small stuff, guys- and remember to laugh, once in a while. :)

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Take your ski mask off Ronnie it's 72 degrees outside!

I made it out.

My sunglasses were atop my large head and it went smoothly. The girls in there complimented me on my choice of clothing for the day and said some other things that will not be repeated about my weight loss.

As far as the ski mask, it's on the back dash of my car. Hopefully I won't need it this Mardi Gras.

JR1572

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    Pretty much the rule of thumb in a lot banks these days.

You can't even walk into NavyFed with sunglasses, hat or hoddie on.
    Also there is a NO Cell Phone Use while in the building. Signs everywhere.

etc, etc
    I never take my hat off when I go to Navy Fed, at least monthly. They've never mentioned it either.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Not in Leesville Navy fed you won't ;)

They got a chick sitting at the Front Desk just waiting on you to enter the building incorrectly.
    I just wish there were persons at any place you shop or bank with doing this.
    Not saying the Op here is wrong or right! But I was bored last few days and read the whole tread.
    To me the funnest thing now days is the younger crowd going around telling everyone they better get respect.
    There is a whole world of New Rodney Dangerfield's that go around saying the need respect.
    It is not a given thing, it is earned.
    I think it is crazy for places to let customers enter with pants hanging so low ya think that person is gonna fall walking. And his wife or GF has pants so tight the seams may split and she could brake any scale she steps on.
    Talking on the phone at the checkout or ordering line holding the line up,
    I COULD GO ON LOL
    Hat's on inside, backwards, sideways, yelling, what are they in some stupid contest?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I think its time for this one to meet its end.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom