Talk about a shock!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    So my newer neighbor (prob age 25) drives a nice black SUV, an Audi. Prob a 65 or 75K $ vehicle new. Sweet sounding V-6 when she drives away. She is a school teacher in Hammond. She is cleaning out her vehicle just now BC the guys are coming to detail it for her. I saw and noted this last time they came, I observed their operation for a while out of my garage. Two guys working out of a van, they wash, dry, detail spray the outside, and do the same to the interior. Done and gone in about 40 minutes. I asker her how much? $250! She stated she was well pleased. I still hand wash my vehicle and wax it every 12 or 18 months. Guess I'll continue to hand wash and detail my own vehicle going forward. When I was talking to her I guessed $50 or 100, boy was I wrong!

I bet a few guys here pay to have their vehicles detailed at their home or office. Similar price?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Perhaps she has a second job. There are a lot of teachers who find a second source of income. Megan Gaither, Brianna Coppage, Samantha Peer, Courtney Tillia, Brenna Percy, Sarah Seales to name a few.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So I guess I’m the only perv here…. I was like ok we are starting with a nice vehicle, young teacher, couple of guys going over to “detail” her “vehicle”…… I’m like this is gonna be a good story lol….

I wouldn't say that. All the names in my earlier post are teachers who quit or got fired because they started an onlyfans account.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I paid ~$1000 to have my wife's suv fully detailed. Ceramic coated exterior, including the wheels, and interior. Protection film applied to the front bumper and hood. From that point I maintain it and it's a hell of a lot easier. I take it back yearly for a refresh which is $200 I think...maybe a little less.

My truck.... I drive it through a car wash once a month for $15.lol

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    European cars are like high maintenance women, if you don't treat them exceptionally well they will break down on you. And even if you do treat them exceptionally well they will break down on you. I mean, someone sold her on a fancy Volkswagen, just like Hitler sold the decent Germans on the regular Volkswagen. So she is likely not all that savvy about cars, thus she paid some dudes 250 bucks for less than an hour of work.

But let's think of those dudes, I generally feel like you pay about 100 bucks for a pro whatever guy to show up at your house, then you pay the next hundred, minimum, for whatever said pro guy has to fix or do. So she got 2 guys at the house and got a clean car for 250. She still owns an audi, so she will suffer, but I don't think she overpaid much for the detail.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I don't care how you break it down or twist it, she paid $250 to have her SUV washed, vacuumed, and detailed. They did not hand wax it after washing. That is a lot of money imo. She is a Tangipahoa Parish public school teacher.

I ran mine thru a new local car wash Saturday for $10 (because I was lazy this time) and spent a half hour after vacuuming and spot drying it. My cost = $10 and 30 minutes. Now I do not have my interior armor all'd, nor are my sidewalls wet and shiny. But I am happy :)

Top Bottom