Tangi IPSC Match 01/26/14

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Tangi is holding IPSC match Sunday. Below is the email from Hoov. Hope to see y'all there.

Tangi will have an IPSC match this coming Sunday. It will consist of 5 stages including a classifier CM09-07, It’s not brain surgery. Some of the stages will have a stomp box, windmill and the ever popular Polish plate rack. Total round count should be 97.

Setup at noon Saturday and any help is appreciated and will be rewarded with free match fee. Please show up around noon if you can help us setup for the match.

Also, Max’s Choice will be setup with all his goodies including some brand new goodies. If you have any special request, please let him know in advance so that he can bring it for you.
    l2100uspsa@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Hoov

Sent from my Flux Capacitor

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    Any chance of the weather causing match cancellation or anything like that? I'm hoping to drive over from New Orleans tomorrow for my first IPSC shoot in like three or four years.

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    If it's too wet to setup the stages they'll usually have an outlaw steel match or some variance. Unless it's a hurricane, 99% time they'll put on some kind of shooting. I'm prolly going up there today so I'll post here if it's too wet for IPSC or what plans are regardless

bayougump

I'm not a smart man
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Guys, stages setup. The range is in decent conditions but think if sun stays out the rest of the day it'll be even better. Hope to see y'all out there!!!

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    What is physical address of the range?
    I seen the map on Tangi site but I could barely make out the street names. Oak St and 1st was all I could make out
    Maybe I'm just blind or wasn't looking in the right spot. I looked on the FB page, Tangi website and Here. The only address I seen was a Robert Rd address.
    I stop and asked Officer Friendly (not so friendly this guy)for direction, I'm guessing this guy was in a bad mood. I was told their range wasn't open to the public. Needless to say I head back to Kenner.
    Oh well, maybe I'll give it another shot next month.

King of D Open
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Vieux Carre
    I-55 to LA16 East. Cross the railroad tracks. Take the second right turn (Traffic light) which goes past Amite High School. Take the street to the end. At the dead end make a left turn and just as you get to the end of that street, the range is on your left.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    ^ what happened?
    Did you at least get to shoot sum of the stages?
    I'm sure you learned a lot about what it takes to be safe, and gear
    It sounds like you'll be back, I hope so!

JayDubU

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Slidell, LA
    ^ what happened?
    Did you at least get to shoot sum of the stages?
    I'm sure you learned a lot about what it takes to be safe, and gear
    It sounds like you'll be back, I hope so!

It was on our last stage. So James got to shoot 4 stages. He did exceptionally well. Good job James!

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    I broke the 180 plane when I put the pistol on the drum. Stupid mistake. I thought there were a few more shooters aheah of me. When he called me up my nerves went to crap and I made a stupid mistake. Max explained what I did wrong and I learned a lesson. It was fun though. Yes I will be back. Everone was helpful and I learned alot. First time ever shooting a Glock too. Now Im thinking of crossing over to the darkside. Im pricing new and used Glocks now. And again THANKS to everyone who helped me. Im hooked !!!

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Cool, I think theirs a saying, theirs only two kinds of shooters, those who have dq'd, and those that will dq! Something like that.
    Oh, sorry about your new glock affliction!! Lol lol
    I'm sorry I missed today's match,tangi always puts on a great match, but I needed some rest

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    Had a great time and met some awesome people today. It's been a long time since I've gotten to do anything but shoot at an indoor range and it was great to finally do some real shooting. Thanks to everyone, will definitely be seeing you all again.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adgram1013
    Top Bottom