Tangipahoa Deputy fired for no warrant raid at Hammond home

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    166   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Oh wow, that deputy just invaded their home. Guess the tax payers will be paying for that gross violation of rights. It sounds like the deputy was suggesting that he was chasing a fugitive, but that may have been a stretch. No exigency that I can see. I imagine if he was fired, there was no lawful reason for him to enter the home and assault the dweller.
    Seems like your best bet in this age is just not to answer the door, keep your doors locked and if you feel like you just have to answer the knocks of law enforcement, maybe talk to them through a doorbell cam or a window. If they have a warrant, they’re gonna come in anyway.
    I am king and protector at my house and I don’t take chances. Feel free to trust men with guns at your door if you want, but I wouldn’t advise it.
    The sad reality is, if one of the residents had been alarmed and fearful and defended themselves and their family by ending this deputy in their living room, they’d have likely been justified in the eyes of the law.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    As much as I don't like the idea, they are a little bit like "an armed society is a polite society." Some people just can't act right, but if they know that what they do can be replayed on the news, social media and in front of a jury they will act better.

China, it won’t be long now

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lilvonte722
    Top Bottom