Target gun control

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    As you’ve likely seen in the media, there has been a debate about whether guests in communities that permit *open carry* should be allowed to bring firearms into Target stores. Our approach has always been to follow local laws, and of course, we will continue to do so. But starting today we will also respectfully request that guests not bring firearms to Target – even in communities where it is permitted by law.

Lol

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    If people would just conceal carry and quit waving their guns in people's face like it was a foot long shlong, and we wouldn't have this issue..... I'm no Vanilla Gorilla, but what makes tactical sense in buying a gallon of milk with a freaking AR slung on your back? If your that scared to leave the house, then don't.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I agree!!!! Concealed carry is the way, even if you open carry, and you are professional about it and look respectful, no body will say anything about a pistol on your side, they will think you are a off duty cop.., there is no reason to carry a ak-47 with a drum and extra mags, and military out fit lol

WOLFIE

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Bossier City
    I am a police officer and most of us (and I mean most of us) carry concealed rather than open when not at work. I don't want the attention, I don't want to make people nervous, and I don't want to have a debate about gun rights with a stranger. Concealed carry is a wonderful thing; you are armed if needed and if not you can about your day peacefully. I dislike it when people open carry a handgun in very public places such as Walmart, a movie theater, etc. I think there is good attention and bad attention and open carry of even a handgun is bad attention for gun rights as a whole. Now I would love to eat at the Shooter's Grill in Rifle, Colorado and I would definitely open carry if I do. Open carry at this restaurant is socially acceptable and people would not be made nervous by it. If I want to convince someone that gun rights are important and If I want to convince someone that many people own and carry firearms, I don't want to make that person nervous.

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I'm very pro gun but if a group of ***holes came into a business I owned open carrying Aks and scaring off customers I would take the same policy. All they do is feed the liberal agenda and it continues to have devastating effects to our cause.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I followed the link to find the original message from Target. Check out what ad Google thought I would be interested in seeing while there.

m9lx1rio6b6r9eemmxj6.png

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I hit the trifecta today:

lunch at buffalo wild wings, movie at the grand, then target on the way home.

carried as usual, and none of them requested otherwise. I actually even looked for the posted signs- there weren't any. (see what a nice guy I am?)

my opinion regarding open vs concealed mirrors the posts above.

fyi: new transformers is pretty dang awesome. much better than prior 2.

Last edited:

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I went to BWW in Covington two weekends ago. Saw no signs regarding firearms posted anywhere at the restaurant. I asked the waitress "Does this restaurant have a policy on firearms? " Her response was that regardless of what's been publicized, none of her managers told her personally anything about the issue, and she didn't care as long as I tipped her well. Being a smartass like me, how could I not tip her well?

Last edited:

Who dat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Covington
    I am a police officer and most of us (and I mean most of us) carry concealed rather than open when not at work. I don't want the attention, I don't want to make people nervous, and I don't want to have a debate about gun rights with a stranger. Concealed carry is a wonderful thing; you are armed if needed and if not you can about your day peacefully. I dislike it when people open carry a handgun in very public places such as Walmart, a movie theater, etc. I think there is good attention and bad attention and open carry of even a handgun is bad attention for gun rights as a whole. Now I would love to eat at the Shooter's Grill in Rifle, Colorado and I would definitely open carry if I do. Open carry at this restaurant is socially acceptable and people would not be made nervous by it. If I want to convince someone that gun rights are important and If I want to convince someone that many people own and carry firearms, I don't want to make that person nervous.
    X1,000,000

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I used to be an avid Open Carry supporter. If you dig back far enough in this forum, you'll find me in the middle of some heated arguments concerning it. In the last 2 years I've gone from avid support to partial support and then due to a local organizations poor behavior I reduced it to limited support. In light of this new ultra-rabid activist behavior I withdraw all my support of any form of Open Carry. I apologize to everyone I argued against in it's favor, retract any arguments I have made for it and denounce it as STUPID ATTENTION SEEKING BEHAVIOR THAT NOW THREATENS MY RIGHT TO CARRY A FIREARM.

Epi5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    Houma, LA
    There is Open carry and then there is Protest /making a point.

They are doing the latter, yes CC Is better and more practical EVERYONE knows this . Even they do.

Yeah sometimes they are idiots and they are the ones going around filming and/or in groups and THAT is what is making it look bad.

Its about *Awareness* of the cause and should be done way more casually.

No big groups, no arguing with people because you can etc. they ask you to put your gun in the car then do it. But on the next trip bring it again.

They need to go on with their lives NORMALLY if they want people to stop freaking out when they see someone open carrying.

Like start using pistols where you are allowed to instead of rifles.

Stop going out TO CARRY. Go out to do things you NEED to do WHILE carrying. And be mindful to those who are nervous/alarmed etc.

Wanna protest? Fine find an area and get a permit etc etc.

Want people to start being more acceptive of the fact people have guns and carry them and its no big deal? Well stop making a big deal out of it!

Their intentions are good but they just go about it wrong.

Heck i OCed a couple times because it was easier at the moment, if someone asks why i had a gun my answer is for protection. And also for about every 1 person you see OCing, theres probably 100+ other people you came across that had guns too, just concealed. Carrying a gun is not rare, they just don't see it most of the time.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I've been to the Siegen Target location, in BR. Went in to check it out when it first opened....walked to the "sporting goods" dept.... No guns, no ammo- no hunting or shooting gear period. I remember thinking, 'This is Louisiana, right?' :dogkeke:

I left without buying anything, and haven't darkened their door since.

Maybe they've started selling a few of those type of items since then- but I wouldn't know.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If people would just conceal carry and quit waving their guns in people's face like it was a foot long shlong, and we wouldn't have this issue..... I'm no Vanilla Gorilla, but what makes tactical sense in buying a gallon of milk with a freaking AR slung on your back? If your that scared to leave the house, then don't.

There are some folks out there that don't have the option to "legally" conceal carry. Now, I don't know what these "pink dildo slinging douches" do it for, but there are some hurdles for some.

Think about how absolutely stupid this sounds and is:

"If you want to walk out your house and parade around with AR's and drum mags full of ammo in full view; no problem! It's perfectly legal. Just grab your gun and rock on! However, if you want to tuck your shirt over your pistol; heaven forbid! You will need to ask permission (apply), pay a fee, get finger printed, pass a background check, pay a fee to take a class, shoot 10 times into a paper target, and then, maybe; just maybe you'll be allowed to tuck your shirt."

Pretty stupid, eh?

Now, I don't have this sentiment, but maybe some of these dildo slingers are pointing out how stupid the mandated CC process is with their stupid displays.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    There are some folks out there that don't have the option to "legally" conceal carry. Now, I don't know what these "pink dildo slinging douches" do it for, but there are some hurdles for some.

Think about how absolutely stupid this sounds and is:

"If you want to walk out your house and parade around with AR's and drum mags full of ammo in full view; no problem! It's perfectly legal. Just grab your gun and rock on! However, if you want to tuck your shirt over your pistol; heaven forbid! You will need to ask permission (apply), pay a fee, get finger printed, pass a background check, pay a fee to take a class, shoot 10 times into a paper target, and then, maybe; just maybe you'll be allowed to tuck your shirt."

Pretty stupid, eh?

Now, I don't have this sentiment, but maybe some of these dildo slingers are pointing out how stupid the mandated CC process is with their stupid displays.

and yet they miss the forest for the trees. their efforts only empower future legislation and provide validation regarding the audacity of open carry. It's not like these are well dressed gentlemen going into walmart for grocery shopping with a revolver on their hip, they are duck dynasty extras going to taco bell with a bubba'd SKS.

if they weren't so stupid about trying to be smart, they might get be making fantastic strides.

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    and yet they miss the forest for the trees. their efforts only empower future legislation and provide validation regarding the audacity of open carry. It's not like these are well dressed gentlemen going into walmart for grocery shopping with a revolver on their hip, they are duck dynasty extras going to taco bell with a bubba'd SKS.

if they weren't so stupid about trying to be smart, they might get be making fantastic strides.

First let me say that I 100% don't agree with the way these clowns are going about doing what they are trying to accomplish but I think we need to remember that, while not here in Louisiana, there are some states, like Texas, that do not allow open carry of handguns, which is the expressed intent of Open Carry Texas's rifle rallies.

To me it seems kind of strange, "let's go out and open carry rifles because we can and can't open carry pistols so that people will go 'wow, you can open carry that really scary rifle but not that slightly less scary pistol?! Why don't we pass a law letting you open carry both!?'" The sad part is that they don't realize that it is having the opposite reaction of "wow, you can open carry that really scary rifle but not that slightly less scary pistol?! Why don't we pass a law banning both?!"

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    First let me say that I 100% don't agree with the way these clowns are going about doing what they are trying to accomplish but I think we need to remember that, while not here in Louisiana, there are some states, like Texas, that do not allow open carry of handguns, which is the expressed intent of Open Carry Texas's rifle rallies.

To me it seems kind of strange, "let's go out and open carry rifles because we can and can't open carry pistols so that people will go 'wow, you can open carry that really scary rifle but not that slightly less scary pistol?! Why don't we pass a law letting you open carry both!?'" The sad part is that they don't realize that it is having the opposite reaction of "wow, you can open carry that really scary rifle but not that slightly less scary pistol?! Why don't we pass a law banning both?!"

we're in a legislative fight, and the argument our opposition is making is that hillbillies want to carry machine guns into taco bell for no valid reason whatsoever. It's stupid and scary so lets make that illegal.
    The argument we are making is that we should be able to carry a firearm wherever we go, concealed or not, rifle or not.

Hillbillies carrying "big scary guns" into taco bell is only validating their argument for the same reason that clean cut, well dressed gentlemen with a neatly holstered pistol on their hip never went viral on social media. (They probably never even got asked to leave the establishment - imagine that)

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    Funny... Especially for a store named "Target", complete with matching insignia, to begin with.
    I wonder if I can open carry a compound bow, instead...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

This weekend I watched every episode of the "Revolutionary War" on AHC, and some twice. For what those poor bastards went through to create this country, we should be treating every anti-2nd Amendment person like the Colonists treated Loyalists to the crown.

Top Bottom