Taser C2

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbadjones

Rating - 96.7%
    119   4   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Natchitoches
    Just picked one of these up fairly cheap. Bought it mainly for the old lady because she doesn't want to carry a gun, and she feels better with this. But what I'm needing to know is what are the carry laws on this? Surely she doesn't need a ccw permit, eh? I read on the taser site many states allow you to carry a taser without any type of permit, but it didn't list what states. Just hoping I could get an answer here before I called taser or my local SO. Thanks fellas!

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    This is another example of one of those things that we will never know until it happens. Some could say it falls under the definition of a weapon as defined in 14:95, and many here will say it does not, including myself.

in the real world, I can tell you a lot will depend on the application. I really can't see her being prosecuted for anything if she was attacked and defended herself with it. however, stranger things have happened. That said, As a leo, i would say it falls under the same umbrella as pepper spray and a stun gun.

No definite answer, but I would say she is good to go. Definitely a better purchase than a stun gun or pepper spray. If you ever make it this way, I am a Taser instructor and have the civilian book somewhere, I could definitely give her a few pointers and let her watch the DVD and properly learn to deploy it.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Fanblade1
    Top Bottom