Taurus Judge?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Who has one of these? I had no idea there were so many options. I thought there were two options. Blue or Stainless :D:D

I want one for a hunting sidearm. For snake, coyote, chupacabra duties etc....

What's everybody go with? 2.5" chambers or 3" chambers.

TecheTitan

You suck & HK hates you
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    New Iberia, La
    I've got a blued 3" chamber. Awesome for snakes. I went with the 3" to be able to shoot any .410 shells I come across. So much fun to shoot that my wife wants a stainless model for Christmas.
    The only problem I have run across as of yet was a holster for it. Many companies were making holsters for the 2 1/2" model, but didn't list for the 3". I was able to find an Uncle Mikes holster at a local fun shop that works fine with it though.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I have had one since they first came out. As soon as they made the 3" chamber I went to that one. I like mine a lot. They are great snake guns or even close up car jacker deterrent.

Here is mine.

3" chamber 3" barrel blued

Still waiting on a really nice leather holster for it though.

100_2000.jpg

100_2002.jpg

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    I have a model with a 2-1/2" chamber and a 4" barrel. My reasoning was that a 4" barrel would develope a significant portion of the available ballistics of a 2-1/2" shell. I believe that the 2-1/2" will do everything I need it to do at reasonable distances - self defense from all sizes of vermin - without excessive recoil (for when my wife needs it). I have had no problem finding 2-1/2" shells.

s2tbolt

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2007
    New Nola (aka Baton Rouge)
    Nice collection there whb...

The first time I saw one sitting in the case I was intrigued. I started doing some research and was advised not to buy the 3" unless
    it was engraved "The Judge" so I bought my 2.5" stainless. It's one of my favorites! (even though the ammo is expensive.)

S4010163.jpg

Since then the 3" chamber was re-introduced and now I can't decide if my next purchase should be the 3" Judge
    or another .45ACP revolver.

Decisions, decisions...

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    whobonney26, Sam Colt called, you're going to hell for putting that South American monstrosity in the same image as a Colt SAA, That is all.
    Dave

crazy white boy

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    St. Charles Parish Hahnville
    Judge

I have the 2.5 inch and it is awesome to shoot I love it for a snake gun sitting on the tractor and dont even have to stop and can still hit them. I have I think it is a 3" barrel and it is great. My son in law shot it and went to Gramercy and bought his from a dealer that advertises on here.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Where did you find yours whbonney? thats the one I want except in matte stainless. Im having a hell of a time finding it on the net.

Garry's Gun and Pawn in Columbus, Ms. I get a lot of guns from them. I either have them sent to my local FFL or my Fiance (who likes guns) gets them since she lives in MS.

They have more guns than any gun shop I have ever been too. Thousands and Thousands of guns. They usually have really good deals and they usually have several of each gun on hand.

The 3" chambers are a little harder to find. I waited years for them to finally come out. Its much better than my 2.5".

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Nice collection there whb...

The first time I saw one sitting in the case I was intrigued. I started doing some research and was advised not to buy the 3" unless
    it was engraved "The Judge" so I bought my 2.5" stainless. It's one of my favorites! (even though the ammo is expensive.)

S4010163.jpg

Since then the 3" chamber was re-introduced and now I can't decide if my next purchase should be the 3" Judge
    or another .45ACP revolver.

Decisions, decisions...

Why were you told to get the one with Judge engraved on it? Just curious as to the reason behind that.

s2tbolt

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2007
    New Nola (aka Baton Rouge)
    Why were you told to get the one with Judge engraved on it? Just curious as to the reason behind that.

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5704 Post#5
    August 28th, 2008
    ... Edited to add: Beware of any 3 inch cylinder version that doesn't have "judge" written on it. When they first came out they offered a model with a 3 inch cylinder and there were problems with it so they pulled it. After they started to get popular, they "officially" named it the judge and began putting the name on the barrel. The new 3" cylinder version supposedly has the kinks worked out of it and has the "judge" name on the barrel just like the 2 1/2" chambered pistols.

I bought my 2.5" before the 3" were available. No regrets just would like to have the 3" too :D

sailinron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2009
    re Judge

I went with the Public Defender, 2 1/2 chamber, 2 in barrel. Good for snakes, vermin. Shoots the Federal 410 handgun 000 buckshot really well, OK pattern at about 20 yds. No matter which one you pick, if you point it at someone, it WILL get their attention and maybe convince them that they want to stop the misbehavior that prompted you to pull it out!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    never miss at 200 yards
    Top Bottom