Taurus Judge?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sailinron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2009
    Taurus Judge

Academy Sporting Goods usually has a few in stock, as well as ammo. I found a box of 20 410 Federal 000 handgun shells (2 1/2) at wal-mart for less than $13.

ofcmetz

Dark Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have the stainless unfluted cylinder 3" chamber 3" barreled Judge. I've done a bunch of ammo testing and without a doubt I'd carry the Federal Personal Defense 000 buck in it. It is a 2.5 inch shell that has 4 pellets. The stuff weighed in on my scale at 268 grains total payload. It crono's around 830 fps from the 3 inch barrel. This stuff patterns well out to about 50 feet. Most pellets stay in the human torso on a target. At 4 yards the pattern is only a couple of inches. If you shoot the federal stuff next to the other loads made for the shotgun, the pattern is night and day difference.

The stuff is copper coated and has a special wad which wad designed for rifled short barrels. Winchester is coming out with a defense buck and ball round for it as well.

I'd use 3 inch 7.5 shot for snakes and it is sufficiently accurate with 45 colt rounds. Though it is not tack driver. I like mine and am probably going to buy the desantis holster for it. They are making holsters finally for both length cyliders.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom