Taurus PT-111

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Seems like a matter of opinion from what I've read. Trigger pull being too heavy? Most of the Glock Kool-Aid drinkers tend to slap a scherer,lone wolf 3.5lb disconnector in their blaster. The 1911 crowd spend untold hundreds on trigger jobs parts and pieces. As for one "blowing up" in somebodys hand,the Glocks have done that many,many times. As well as other brands.

As I stated in an earlier post, the millennium pros have a better trigger than from the previous design.For those that are looking at a Taurus,the revolvers are hit or miss. You can go to a retailer and pick up several. Each one will have a different feel (pull) .Pick the better and shoot it. If there is still a problem, fix it yourself. Have a smith fix it. But I don't agree that they are all "crap".

If I remember right, a few years back, a Taurus Model 82 did very well on the LFI 1. Or maybe,just maybe, the shooter had something to do with that.

Screws backing out? Locktite? Screwdriver?

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    To each his own, all one can do is be provided real world insight from those with first hand knowledge relevant to a product or caliber etc... and statistical information also relevant. In the end it is up to the purchaser to decide what they purchase.

Some people are brand loyalist etc... and their opinions can be a little partial; but I do not see that being the case on this site.

One should make a list of things they expect in a firearm and then see which firearms match their criteria.

I would think that most would agree that reliability should be the number one criteria when evaluating a firearm, then maybe accuracy, ergonomics, capacity, concealability, caliber etc... (in no particular order after reliability)

You can lead a horse to water; but you can't make him drink.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    DAMN... THis is scarry... PAngris and I are agreeing WAY too much.

-I owned Taurus revolvers at one time... They wouldn't 'shoot loose', they would LOCK UP when I was practicing rapid shooting and speed reloading (As few as 3 cylinders)

-Seen those millennium amd millennium pro's fail in classes...

Matter of opinion? I'm guessing you drive a Ford Pinto?

BTW, other than night sites, all my Glocks are stock...

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    DAMN... THis is scarry... PAngris and I are agreeing WAY too much.

-I owned Taurus revolvers at one time... They wouldn't 'shoot loose', they would LOCK UP when I was practicing rapid shooting and speed reloading (As few as 3 cylinders)

-Seen those millennium amd millennium pro's fail in classes...

Matter of opinion? I'm guessing you drive a Ford Pinto?

BTW, other than night sites, all my Glocks are stock...

My neighbor had a Pinto that never gave him any trouble ...... I saw it myself. But my wife's Lexus had to go in the shop one time for a new brake light.

So, clearly a Pinto is more reliable than a Lexus. Ignore the J.D. Power rankings and the propaganda in Consumer Reports, Car & Driver and Road & Track. We know those people all drink Kool Aid.

Last edited:

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    LOL.. As for the Holster question.... I have a Don Humme its model 25USP... It fits just fine....

I bet I can find pics of almost any gun kabooming.....

blowup.jpg

kaboom1.jpg

AR 15's....
    Kaboom.jpg

Look HK's are Junk....

kbHKTAC45.jpg

And *GASP* even Colts....
    AnacondaKaBoom001.jpg

Point is.. For the most part guns blow up because of some idiot with a Bunk reload... Not because they are junk...
    If you dont buy a gun because some body blew one up... You wont own a gun at all....

southernpride72

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2007
    Lafayette
    It isn't because one blew up once, it is how often they blow up, and why :)

Would you enlighten us as to why they blow up? Ever seen one blow in person?

I picked one up and put 50 rds down the pipe. Only one misfire so far, and it wasnt the guns fault (hard primer in Monarch steel case). I malf. drilled it, examined the round, fed it again, and BANG. I plan on putting a few more rounds through it, and will let you guys know if it blows or malfs.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Would you enlighten us as to why they blow up? Ever seen one blow in person?

I picked one up and put 50 rds down the pipe. Only one misfire so far, and it wasnt the guns fault (hard primer in Monarch steel case). I malf. drilled it, examined the round, fed it again, and BANG. I plan on putting a few more rounds through it, and will let you guys know if it blows or malfs.

50 rounds is pretty excessive. Surely one or two mags should be sufficient for ascertaining the reliability of a self defense firearm.

howellusn

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Gulfport, MS
    I have put just over 200rds through my millenium pro so far with not one problem at all. I even put it through some rapid fire drills without a prob.

I have yet to shoot my pt-111 because it's been cold as all hell but I will get it out soon.

cajungunslinger

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Im not.

Pangris and you guys have alot of patience. When people don't respond to facts, experience and uh... basically the truth, I don't even waste my time as it gets my blood pressure up. This is not rocket science. I wonder how some people get through life anyhow. I past the point of convincing people in situations like this. Only family members are worth the aggravation. That is unless I'm being paid.

Yes you should get a taurus pt-111. It's very reliable and you will prevail. Get some shiny FMJ too and put it in some pro-mag magazines.

howellusn

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Gulfport, MS
    Pangris and you guys have alot of patience. When people don't respond to facts, experience and uh... basically the truth, I don't even waste my time as it gets my blood pressure up. This is not rocket science. I wonder how some people get through life anyhow. I past the point of convincing people in situations like this. Only family members are worth the aggravation. That is unless I'm being paid.

Yes you should get a taurus pt-111. It's very reliable and you will prevail. Get some shiny FMJ too and put it in some pro-mag magazines.

You see the point is there are a few people out there (myself included) have not had one trouble with their taurus as I stated above. I can see where they are coming from considering they have had problems with theirs but not everyone of them are bad. If someone feels like taking a chance then let them if they don't want to listen to anyone's advice. Who knows, they may get a good one and be very happy with their purchase.

cajungunslinger

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I've decided to not cheap out and spend the extra money on something more reliable. Its not gunna be a Glock or a 1911, but its also not gunna be a taurus at all. However, I refrain on saying what it is gunna be to save any criticism but if you want to know youll have to pm or something.Just dont feel like arguing on the forum :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom