Taurus PT-111

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    I KNOW what you are goin buy, and you are makeing a VERY good choice in my opinion. Hope its there in a couple of weeks. Trust me you will not be disapointed. and when you do get it tell me how you like it.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Another cheap alternative is the ruger p95 and p89. Remember, some people are going to trash everything. I have never had a taurus auto, but now have 3 revolvers and never a problem. I have a glock, I do like it, but my p95 and my sigma actually feel better in my hand and I have never had a problem with either. I actually have only ever had issues with a jennings 9mm that I used to have, ( it would not go into battery fully) I did send it in under warranty and it was repaired promptly. Only other issue was with a hi-point, but it was a tweaked magazine.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    You see the point is there are a few people out there (myself included) have not had one trouble with their taurus as I stated above. I can see where they are coming from considering they have had problems with theirs but not everyone of them are bad. If someone feels like taking a chance then let them if they don't want to listen to anyone's advice. Who knows, they may get a good one and be very happy with their purchase.

Sorry dude... 200 rounds is a START.

I put more than that through my glock the day I bought it.

I don't carry a pistol for defense I havn't put 1,000 rounds through.

howellusn

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Gulfport, MS
    Sorry dude... 200 rounds is a START.

I put more than that through my glock the day I bought it.

I don't carry a pistol for defense I havn't put 1,000 rounds through.

That was the day I bought it lol.. It's now my sister's and she has put plenty rounds through it as well and still not one failure of any type..

howellusn

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Gulfport, MS
    ehh.. She did her chl class with it, I used my kimber :) I thought about raping my pt-111 like they did in the glock 1000rd torture test just for fun but I can't afford the ammo.. So someone buy the ammo and alot extra mags and I will do the Taurus Torture test :)

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    It isn't because one blew up once, it is how often they blow up, and why :)

OK... How often do they blow up ????? And why????

I looked around and couldnt find any pics of PT111's that Kaboomed... IM not saying they dont... I would just like to see it...

By the way... Found another HK

http://thegunzone.com/glock/hk-kb.html

And an FN
    fn_014Large.jpg

And even a 1911.....
    1911a1-kb.html

I am by no means saying that the PT111 is awesome, but its also not a deadly hand destroyer...

I just looked thru the tread again and all I saw was a bunch of post abut how shitty it is with not one single picture of one blown up or a link to an article about how they go wild and kill innocent people in their sleep...

I was at the range the other day and saw a guy who bought a Kimber Desert Warrior and he couldnt get it to shoot twice in a row...

Does that mean that all Kimbers are junk???? OR that this dude is a limp wristed turd that cant handle a 45??

When I was searching I found a hell of a lot of links to Glocks that exploded...

So I have a Glock 19 and a Glock 26 that I want to sell.. First $50 takes them both... But you will have to sign a document that I had my lawyer draw up that says you wont sue me if it blows your hand off...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    THere is a reason that Tauruses don't get brought (And finish) Shooting classes. (And no, I don't mean a CCW class where you fire 27 rounds or whatever.)

I mean Thunder ranch, Tactical Response, Gunsite, heck, even Frontsight...

IF you want to argue/disagree.... Fine. Enjoy your Taurus.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Well here goes...

Not trying to step on any toes or bring about hard feelings. I have owned a few Taurus handguns over the years. The first was the PT92AF. Back in the 90's. I could not tell you the thousands of rounds that pistol shucked through it. That was the days of the notorious Black Talon. It would not feed those at all. So later on down the line I picked up a 905 9mm revolver. That little gun took a case (1000) of Wolf 115gr fmj. That also was the days when Blazer was 3.86 a box. Put another 1000 Blazer through it as well as all sorts of +p and +p+ Federal.

Recently, a friend bought a PT1911. After a trigger job,and a Smith Alexander mag well we passed it back and fourth. After 1800+ rounds the ejector broke. The 1911 continued to function with the broken ejector. It fell out when I took it apart to clean. It was replaced it with a stock ejector from Brownells and continues to function.

My latest choice from Taurus is a 617, 7shot .357mag. The day I got it it went out and I put some of my mild handloads (158gr lhp @ 975fps) 350 rounds through it the first day. The trigger slicked up nice after removing the side plate, flushing with cleaner and light oil. Then it was shot with 158gr jhp .357mag approx 150 times during a three gun match. All the competitors had a go with it before using their own handguns. Once more during a BUG match I put another 100 rounds of Hornady 125gr jhps through it. No problems so far.

I continue to shoot it with my handloads and factory loads and it functions with no problems. As for the pt111 as inexpensive as they are I may pick one up and give it a whirl. But I din't plan on getting rid of my 617 yet. And my primary is a G23. I like the kool aid....just no sugar

howellusn

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Gulfport, MS
    THere is a reason that Tauruses don't get brought (And finish) Shooting classes. (And no, I don't mean a CCW class where you fire 27 rounds or whatever.)

I mean Thunder ranch, Tactical Response, Gunsite, heck, even Frontsight...

IF you want to argue/disagree.... Fine. Enjoy your Taurus.

50 rounds thank you very much :) lol I will enjoy it.

howellusn

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Gulfport, MS
    Well here goes...

Not trying to step on any toes or bring about hard feelings. I have owned a few Taurus handguns over the years. The first was the PT92AF. Back in the 90's. I could not tell you the thousands of rounds that pistol shucked through it. That was the days of the notorious Black Talon. It would not feed those at all. So later on down the line I picked up a 905 9mm revolver. That little gun took a case (1000) of Wolf 115gr fmj. That also was the days when Blazer was 3.86 a box. Put another 1000 Blazer through it as well as all sorts of +p and +p+ Federal.

Recently, a friend bought a PT1911. After a trigger job,and a Smith Alexander mag well we passed it back and fourth. After 1800+ rounds the ejector broke. The 1911 continued to function with the broken ejector. It fell out when I took it apart to clean. It was replaced it with a stock ejector from Brownells and continues to function.

My latest choice from Taurus is a 617, 7shot .357mag. The day I got it it went out and I put some of my mild handloads (158gr lhp @ 975fps) 350 rounds through it the first day. The trigger slicked up nice after removing the side plate, flushing with cleaner and light oil. Then it was shot with 158gr jhp .357mag approx 150 times during a three gun match. All the competitors had a go with it before using their own handguns. Once more during a BUG match I put another 100 rounds of Hornady 125gr jhps through it. No problems so far.

I continue to shoot it with my handloads and factory loads and it functions with no problems. As for the pt111 as inexpensive as they are I may pick one up and give it a whirl. But I din't plan on getting rid of my 617 yet. And my primary is a G23. I like the kool aid....just no sugar

I think we are up to 4 owners that are happy with theirs on this site. We should make a poll. ;)

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    I am on my bbry so more on exploding tauri tomorrow, but I will take the glocks for $50 and sign your doc. I hope you are a man of your word.

Just for the record.. I have been known to tell lies...

tin foil hats tend to mess with your brain in the hot Louisiana sun.....

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

dragginaknee

Gun Addict!!
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 7, 2006
    Northshore (north of Covington)
    -I owned Taurus revolvers at one time... They wouldn't 'shoot loose', they would LOCK UP when I was practicing rapid shooting and speed reloading (As few as 3 cylinders)

I bet that you were not letting the trigger completly reset! I did this with my s&w 442 and was like WTF. Then I figured it was because I was not letting the trigger fully reset.

southernpride72

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2007
    Lafayette
    WOW...some of you guys are really serious about your internets:rolleyes: I said I put 50 down, and will have more to come. Thats 50 more than every one of you haters that have ever never shot a Taurus! This was during family time at the range, fellas. I have yet to hear a first hand account from any of you naysayers.

southernpride72

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2007
    Lafayette
    Listen...I picked up a PT-111 because it was inexpensive and concealable. This is not a combat pistol...thats why I own a CZ. Like Clint Smith says "If I knew there was going to be a fight today, I would have taken the day off. If If I know I have to be in a fight, I will grab a bigger gun." I will personallytest the gun and will trust it until it gives me a reason not to.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Listen...I picked up a PT-111 because it was inexpensive and concealable. This is not a combat pistol...thats why I own a CZ. Like Clint Smith says "If I knew there was going to be a fight today, I would have taken the day off. If If I know I have to be in a fight, I will grab a bigger gun." I will personallytest the gun and will trust it until it gives me a reason not to.

So, are you saying you have trained with, or spoken with, Clint Smith and that he considers Taurus handguns to be reliable self defense weapons ?

Last edited:

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    WOW...some of you guys are really serious about your internets:rolleyes: I said I put 50 down, and will have more to come. Thats 50 more than every one of you haters that have ever never shot a Taurus! This was during family time at the range, fellas. I have yet to hear a first hand account from any of you naysayers.

Your reading comprehension sux.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom