Taurus PT 1911 Mags?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSUFoolsball69

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Slidell
    What about some 10 or 15 round mags? I thought about getting the Drum to be Goofy but I want to make sure they work in them also.

Thanks

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    MidWay Usa had the Chip McCormick power mags on sale like a month ago, Best Mags in the market if you ask me, had never failed on me on any of my 1911's and they make them on 8 and 10 rounders, top quality. STAY AWAY from chinesse mags on ebay i made the mistake of buying some 10 rounders and they jammed on the first try. www.midwayusa.com you are looking at spending about $27.00 per mag but like I said best in the market, they have cheaper versions on the McCormick line as well.

Last edited:

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If you're patient, midwayusa.com often has Wilson Combat (8) rounders on sale for less than $30 ea. If you don't like those, I've had good luck with Colt/Springfield (7) rounders for less than $20 and sometimes on sale for less than $10.

pntbllr228

Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Right by LSU
    BJ, use Wilson. I used Wilson exclusively on the exact gun you bought and never ever ever had a problem.

I also have used the Wilson ten round magazines and ordered ten of them right before my 1911 was stolen.

mnop308

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    bossier
    My PT 1911 runs flawlessley with everything I have put in it. The PSI ACT mags look like what it came with, and I bought a bunch of them from Brownells. They are inexpensive. All of the big name gunsmiths have come out with mags that look just like them, and I am guessing that they are all probably made with the same tube. The only downside is that they do not come in Stainless steel from PSI (at this time). I bought a bunch of Wilson #47's and they run great, and are usually what I have carried and shot in matches.

I know a lot of people like the McCormick's, but 2 of the 3 I had don't work worth a flip. they are the only mags I have had malfunction in my Kimbers. Problems with the followers. I got away from the welded floorplate mags for the removable floorplate mags for ease of cleaning.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    BJ, if your 1911 will work with them I have a two mags that won't lock the slide back in my 1911.

You can't go wrong with Wilson Combat or Chip McCormick.

Top Bottom