TAURUS PT 709 Slim Feedback

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Just wondering if anyone has, had, carry's this little 9mm on a regular basis. I just aquired one and am enjoying the heck out of it...Would like to get some feedback, info on yours if you don't mind sharing...Thanks in advance S.

JayKay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    I've had mine for about two years and use it for every day carry. I've put about 1000 rounds through it and haven't had any problems until my last trip to the range. I had 3 misfeeds, each on the last round out of the magazine. I posted about that here on BS and got some good feedback from some knowledgeable folks and I'm hoping that it was my fault for not cleaning the magazine often enough. I haven't been back to the range since to see if the mag cleaning fixed the problem, though.

Overall, I like the 709 Slim for the purpose that I bought it, which is a CCW. However, I'm not crazy about the trigger. There's lots of slack and it fires too far to the rear for my liking.

rob52

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    My wife carries the 709, I carry the 740. I have never had a problem with either gun. They are very easy to conceal, seem to be well made and niether of them have had any feed issues. Like most pistols, it is essentail to keep them clean.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    I had one and put several hundred rounds through it w/o any reliability issues. The front sight from factory was way to high leaving hits way too low. I sent it back for repair and the changed the sights out. It has a similar trigger to a Glock, but it is still a Taurus. I liked it for the trigger, but because it had a safety. Ultimately, it differed too much from my normal carry Glock for comfort.

Ryan316

My way or the highway
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Kenner, LA
    My friend & I each bought one around Sept of 2009. I haven't fooled too much with it, I've fired maybe 60 rounds out of it, had 1 misfire around round 50 I guess. I still have it but it's a safe queen, I have other handguns I trust alot more.

My friend's 709 was an out the box jam-o-matic. He had all kinds of trouble with it & sent it back to Taurus twice. The second time they had it "forever" & by the time he got it back, he sold it before he even tested it. Granted, he isn't the most patient sort but he said no way in Hell could he trust his life with that thing & that's an answer I can certainly respect. FWIW, he & I both clean our guns usually the day we shoot them so that wasn't the problem.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom