Taurus trigger job

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    My wife owns a Taurus model 85 Titanium 38 double action revolver. She complains the trigger is too hard to pull and would like it lightened. Anyone have any experience with lightening the trigger on a double action revolver?

Thanks,

pain man

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I think the double action revolvers are made with a heavy trigger pull for safety and liability issues. I have a Taurus 85 stainless both single and double action and it is silky smooth. Might be cheaper to sell your and try an 85 than it would be to have yours reworked. A friend of mine had a trigger job done on his Python and thr very first shot his action locked up and had to be completely redone by a gunsmith. He was a police officer at the time and had a very close call because of it. Since then I vowed I would never have that done to any firearm of mine. Hope this helps.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    My wife owns a Taurus model 85 Titanium 38 double action revolver. She complains the trigger is too hard to pull and would like it lightened. Anyone have any experience with lightening the trigger on a double action revolver?

Thanks,

pain man

A friend of mine has the same problem with a new model 85.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.

Thanks,

pain man

Have you cleaned, inspected & lubed it? I would not do anything to a trigger without doing that first. It may help some. It has on 2 guns for me.

Top Bottom