Ted Nugent: Rocker, Poacher, lacking in pistol fundamentals....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I'm just talking about guns here, man. Why do you want to shove bananas in my ass? Dont gay up this thread, you pervert.

oh+my.jpg

biggin215

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You claimed that he had blind followers!?! Who are they? Where did you see any of them? Where are your facts? I am not disagreeing with anyone, just asking for my own knowledge.

Well, it would be ignorant to assume that ALL of Nugent's followers have 20/20 vision. I'm sure there's a few of them that are visually challenged.

SlackJawedCajun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    You know. Maybe this was all a great big misunderstanding. Perhaps Mr. Nugent isn't really a gun fan, per se, but a KISS fan.

kiss-lovegun-stor.jpg

biggin215

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    When/how did Ted Nugent poach? I'm curious.

Also, as a side note, bad handgunning skills or not, I once read in an interview that he only carries 10mm... so I'd tread lightly.. lol.

Doesn't matter if he is carrying a howitzer... judging from his grip, stance, etc... he has no idea how to use it.

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    I looked up his "poaching" incident, and I guess you could call it that. He did break the law in California. He shot a deer over bait, which is allowed in 22 states IIRC. It's not like he was spotlighting them at night... and he did it on his own land.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    In 100 years of semi-auto pistol design, how many have an internal slide release/stop as opposed to one with an external control?

Do you also tell people not to hit the bolt stop on an AR-15, and to run the charging handle back instead?

What exactly makes a pistols slide stop bad to use, and a rifles bolt stop catch /good/ to use?
    Universality.

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    In 100 years of semi-auto pistol design, how many have an internal slide release/stop as opposed to one with an external control?.

Do you also tell people not to hit the bolt stop on an AR-15, and to run the charging handle back instead?

What exactly makes a pistols slide stop bad to use, and a rifles bolt stop catch /good/ to use?

I'm just talking about guns here, man. Why do you want to shove bananas in my ass? Dont gay up this thread, you pervert.
    Just because it shouldn't be used as a release does not mean it is not intented for manipulation in any other way. I'm sorry if you are too dense to wrap your head around this concept. As for the AR-15, apples and oranges.

And my example was meant to be absurd. Though, trying to explain absurdity to you would probably just be an exercise in absurdism and that would truly be absurd.

only on an empty chamber.

Correct. I tend to dissuade people from using the slide stop for anything other than locking the slide back - under pressure, that little button is quite easy to miss.

Last edited:

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    If breaking a game regulation is poaching, then I would be willing to bet there are many "poachers" on this forum. How many of you can say you have NEVER broken a game regulation. Any game regulation.

Be honest now.

UndeadInfidel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    In 100 years of semi-auto pistol design, how many have an internal slide release/stop as opposed to one with an external control?

Just signed up to +1 this.

That extra 1/8" of travel past the slide catch on every pistol I own is obviously enough distance to cause major malfunctions. **** the military for teaching me to release it.

And yes, this forum seems to be full of fags. I'm going to log off before I find a banana in my ass.

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    If breaking a game regulation is poaching, then I would be willing to bet there are many "poachers" on this forum. How many of you can say you have NEVER broken a game regulation. Any game regulation.

Be honest now.

+1

Majority of the time it's unintentional.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

That extra 1/8" of travel past the slide catch on every pistol I own is obviously enough distance to cause major malfunctions. **** the military for teaching me to release it.

And yes, this forum seems to be full of fags. I'm going to log off before I find a banana in my ass.

Welcome aboard! :rofl:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    The problem i have with using it, Loaded or unloaded, is muscle memory. If you get into fashion of using it when loading a weapon, you develop that routine of using it to drop your slide, and will do it on an empty gun.

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA

Careful, I know how to back trace.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Be honest now.

Don't hold your breath! No one on here was a kid once. No one ever went hunting or shooting with a bunch of school friends and.......

Top Bottom