Terrebonne fingerprinting...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChickenWhistle

Thingamajig
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Anyone ever have trouble getting fingerprinted in Terrebonne parish?

Seems like there is nobody at the court house to do it when I go there. Isn't there more than one person qualified to take prints at the Sheriff's office?
    Now I have to wait until Monday to try again.

I asked if I could go down to the jail and get it done or if HPD could do it, but the deputy said no. And thems is the only law enforcements round these here parts. If I get arrested, I get printed right away, I bet.

Suggestions (besides drive to Baton Rouge)? Lafourche Sheriff maybe has more than one fingerprint artist?

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    Go to Lafourche parish Sheriff's office in Lockport. I have been there twice for an adoption, they also charge a small fee. It took me about 20min to get it done.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    If it's for a CHP then go to the Juvenile Detention Center across from Southern Shooting Center. They have the digital machine which makes sure they the prints can be read.

sawfish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Houma, LA
    If it's for a CHP then go to the Juvenile Detention Center across from Southern Shooting Center. They have the digital machine which makes sure they the prints can be read.

+1

I had mine done at the court house in Houma a couple years back. My wife went there two or three times last month, to no avail! She went to the Detention Center by Southern Shooting and was done in 10 minutes!!

ChickenWhistle

Thingamajig
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Houma, LA

+1

I had mine done at the court house in Houma a couple years back. My wife went there two or three times last month, to no avail! She went to the Detention Center by Southern Shooting and was done in 10 minutes!!

Sounds like a plan. I guess I should call first? Or do they just take walk-ins?

Maybe TPSO has a problem with people getting CHP's? I've talked to a couple of people just today that couldn't get them done in the parish. Every time they went to the court house, the "guy" was "out on a call". Same for me, although I've only been trying for the last week or so. I guess they don't have to do them, if they don't want to?

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Sounds like a plan. I guess I should call first? Or do they just take walk-ins?

Maybe TPSO has a problem with people getting CHP's? I've talked to a couple of people just today that couldn't get them done in the parish. Every time they went to the court house, the "guy" was "out on a call". Same for me, although I've only been trying for the last week or so. I guess they don't have to do them, if they don't want to?

I'd call first. They'll most probably tell you to show up at 9am when they have time to get it done.

I had to get inked (not digital scanned) for my Form 4 at the Houma courthouse and just called the lab to make sure they were there. I called 10min. before they closed and the guy waited for me to get there.

Last edited:

Morgan Allison

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Houma
    I've had my prints done three or four times at the Sheriff's office and never had a problem. Maybe things have changed with our new sheriff? I don't know. I just go to the radio room on the first floor of the court house annex. Have you tried that?

ChickenWhistle

Thingamajig
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Houma, LA
    I've had my prints done three or four times at the Sheriff's office and never had a problem. Maybe things have changed with our new sheriff? I don't know. I just go to the radio room on the first floor of the court house annex. Have you tried that?

Yep. A couple of times. Then I figured out to call first, but still couldn't catch the guy there. I figure it's probably the holidays throwing off everything....at least that's what I'm hoping. Anyway, I would figure someone would be there that could fingerprint somebody. It is the Sheriff's office after all.

Have your wife call the cops on you then drop the charges after they print you. Just ask them for a copy on your way out. :D

Ya think they'd sign my picture too?:D

Top Bottom