Thank you for allowing me to be part of this group.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ed56chevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2024
    06472 and 31558
    @ed56chevy welcome aboard, now tell me more about your cannons and or cannons in general.
    Got into a pirate re enactment group a few years back and decided to make a swivel gun to fire during parades, then build another. Bought a mortar to try something different, and started trading. It became an addiction. My biggest is a 6lb. Cannonade cast in 1866, smallest are twin kids toys with 1 1/2” barrels that take 5 grains of black powder. It’s a disease.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Got into a pirate re enactment group a few years back and decided to make a swivel gun to fire during parades, then build another. Bought a mortar to try something different, and started trading. It became an addiction. My biggest is a 6lb. Cannonade cast in 1866, smallest are twin kids toys with 1 1/2” barrels that take 5 grains of black powder. It’s a disease.
    Where does one bang these boomers at? Surely not at a WMA? At a friends?

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    It’s a disease.

One of the few I’ll willingly catch !

I’d really like to dabble into this I just don’t know anyone into it or where to begin other than buying or building a small golf ball cannon. I’m sure there is a STEEP learning curve.

ed56chevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2024
    06472 and 31558
    Where does one bang these boomers at? Surely not at a WMA? At a friends?
    Thankfully, Georgia is very supportive of our organization. Our pirates club is very active in the community, we run a pirates pantry for the needy, blood drives, adopt a highway sponsors, etc. so they are very tolerant when it comes to letting loose a few volleys at festivals and parades. Our members must attend and pass a half day training class before joining a cannon crew and we run a separate class required for small arms. Of course this is all blank charges. We’ve got a club member with a lot of average for live fire.

ed56chevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2024
    06472 and 31558
    One of the few I’ll willingly catch !

I’d really like to dabble into this I just don’t know anyone into it or where to begin other than buying or building a small golf ball cannon. I’m sure there is a STEEP learning curve.
    There are a few differences in cannon fire and small arms black powder weapons, but nothing complicated. Most info can be easily acquired thru the internet. If you have any questions, I’d be happy to do my best to answer them.

Top Bottom