That's Why I Carry A Gun...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Take a look...would a gun have changed the outcome?

Elevator

ATM

Sometimes a gun just isn't enough...

DashCam FUT

How'd you handle one like this?

Subway Shite Sandwich
    1st: Even if she had a pistol, she would have still been screwed. She let that guy get too close. He was literally on her ass from the moment she entered the door.
    I don't think she even noticed him enter (she didn't even turn around, or acknowledge his presences).

Situational Awareness would have been the key; she would have noticed a guy run-up from around the corner of the building, and how close he was.

2nd: From get go this guy was f***kd.
    The BG enters the booth with his hands in his pocket, more than likely with his hand on the blade.
    He totally turned his back on the BG allowing the BG to get right behind him.
    Guy got stabbed 9 times.

Remember the "21 foot rule"? The BG was no more than 3 feet from the victim.
    Even if the victim noticed the BG was a threat when the knife came out, the BG would have been on top stabbing him ****-less.
    Solution: Leave the booth, ask the guy to go 1st and then leave, or ask the guy to please leave as you make the transaction.

3rd: He didn't try using his blade on the BG's throat.

4th:
    Last video? Walk away. Me? I would have beat the **** out of all of them in about 10 seconds.:rofl:
    This is in New York City, NY. Any attempt to defend yourself will result in criminal charges and a civil suit.

:)

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    1st video: She was unaware of her surroundings. That elevator room is an attack waiting to happen. Obviously the building managers were concerned enough about security to put the camera. Even with a secuirity camera if a guard was watching they can't respond in time. Just a bad situation.

2nd video: That's a privacy booth. You're supposed to be alone in there. When the other guy came in, he should have either asked the guy to wait or walked away.

3rd: Back up gun? I know its not cost effective, but I still think cops should always work in pairs. That would also cut down the number of complaints against LEO also...no more he said/she said.

Last video: His mistake happened before the video even got started. Talking to them was probably a mistake. The video camera gave the kids an audience for them to show off for, if the camera owner wasn't in on it. He should have gotten up and moved to the back corner of the train. He could have limited himself to one attacker at a time and maybe been able to fight them off.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Yeah....the first video the lady had no chance and even with a gun she would have got taken. She should have been paying attention to someone following her so close.

The second video, also like said above, when the other guy came in he should have told him to leave or tell him he can go first that way he could have seen the guys intention. Not keep his back to him and wait to be attacked.

Third video.....man, I am sure they have to use less than lethal force to start but a real quick pepper spray then back up and fire two in the chest area....should have stopped him. Wonder what type of gun he had? Should have been a Glock and it would not have jammed. lol

Last video...... Well, I have seen this time and time again. A bunch of rabid monkeys getting more and more aggressive without being provoked by the innocent. They start showing off for their people and bouncing around getting more and more aggressive. They usually all end in a group beating........UNLESS you defend yourself and strike the first one as hard as you can and then switch focus to the second closest and start trying to make the threat number as low as possible. In that situation, I would not care if they were man or woman. Alot of times the black women are more aggressive and you should be worried. Take one of them out right off top because they WILL hit you.

Sitting there being calm hardly ever works. They think you are scared and as it escalates you will end up having to fight anyways. Might as well be on your terms.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    It is not easy to live in this modern day as a warrior, or as a truly aware and cautious person. We are put in situations at times where we have to trust that human kind is not all **** and criminals out to get us.

It sucks...

Most of the time, though, we can be cautious and alert...these people certainly were not.

All of these situations would have been bad to have been caught up in.

Gomez caught me at a fairly oblivious moment...we were both in line somewhere, I was at war with hunger pains & customer service...looking at 'people' & not individuals, he came right up to me and said "Hey"...I didn't see him until he was right in front of me.

Had he been a wolf, and not a sheepdog, with the same skills...I'd have been toast. I am usually pretty aware and run scenarios constantly...at that time I was running "How to save $100" scenarios, though, and not "how to save my/a life" scenarios. I felt like a fool.

tunatuk

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Ascension Parish
    3rd: He didn't try using his blade on the BG's throat.

I wouldn't have tried to use a blade on him. With the pummeling he was taking, he'd have lost the blade and given the BG another weapon.

It was bad enough the BG got a hold of the gun. If he'd have been competent with firearms the LEO would be dead.

If he pulled a blade on the BG, he better know how to use it, and be effective in the first attempt. If not, he'd have been toast.

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    Ditto... 1st vid.. She had no idea of what was going on around her...

Second ... Same thing . Should not have had a second guy in the booth..

thirds... I dont know what I would have done differently.. But it reminded me of a horror movie.. The bad guy just kept walking and still managed to keep up with the running officer... I wonder why he pulled the guy out of the car as soon as he got there???? that was prolly his first mistake.. That guy obviously had size advantage and he tried to man handle him..Maybe leaving him in the car til backup arrived would have been smarter...
    I dont know.. Im not a po po....

The last one.. I think Rick Springfield got it right ..Way back in the 80's...
    "Dont talk to strangers..."

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    The first two clips should reinforce the need for situational awareness but how do we train it? We've all heard about the Color Code and OODA loops, but how do we make use of that knowledge?

Besides the lack of SA, in clip 2, what about unarmed skills, what about doing something other than 'standing there & getting shanked'?

I think clip 3 shows how messy stuff can get in very short order. Trying to access another tool rather than fighting the fight ia not generally successful.

Clip 4 again brings up the question of how do we 'manage contacts'. It's easy enough to say 'I'd do x' but how often do we work interacting with unknown contacts?

Gun skill is great and it is an important component of a defensive skill set, but there's a lot more to it.

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    that lady didnt stand a chance in the first vid,,,but i think i would like to be locked in a elevator with that guy,,show him about a boot party,,really that vid mad my blood boil.

the guy on the train,,i think he was more worried about it being a set up,that the 2 black guys sitting to his right and left were waitng for him to get loud and then they would step up and beat his ass,,i think he never thought about the girls attacking him until he got hit with the bottle,,,,,and like alllll group beatings ive ever seen its always someone on the outside reaching in to hit you not the person right in your face...he should have left and went into another car instead of standing there taking that ****,,,,he should have removed himself from the situation and let them feel like they did something if they persude him to another car he would have had wittnesses instead he stayed in a car outnumberd and trying to be rational with a group of irrational people..

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    The 1st one reminded me of this episode of "First 48".
    Part 1 & 2
    [YOUTUBE]4IL7y5ucNoM[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]9OVCJ5hxXYs[/YOUTUBE]

Top Bottom