The ACLU's position

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajt2341

Rock out w/ ur glock out!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    My whole issue is with the word "militia". Let's see how Militia is legally defined. According to RS 29:3

§3. Militia

A. All able-bodied persons between the ages of seventeen and sixty-four residing in this state and who are not exempt by the laws of the United States of America or of this state constitute the militia of Louisiana and are subject to military duty.

B. The militia is divided into two classes, the organized militia and the unorganized militia.

(1) The organized militia consists of the national guard, the Louisiana State Guard and other organized military forces which may be authorized by law.

(2) The unorganized militia consists of all other persons subject to military duty.

Make what you will of it.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    (2) The unorganized militia consists of all other persons subject to military duty.

Would one have to meet the criteria of being eligible for the organized militia.

Height/weight/drugscreen etc...

I personally don't feel everyone should be entitled to own firearms, drive, reproduce, exist etc... but that is me and that is why I am not a member of the NRA.
    If you are a suspected terrorist you should not be allowed to own a firearm until you clear your name from the list.

Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge
    can you be more specific on what grounds someone should not be allowed to own a firearm? if i remember correctly that there is a constitutional amendment that touched on the subject of firearm ownership, and i also believe that it mentioned something about who was allowed to own a firearm.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Would one have to meet the criteria of being eligible for the organized militia.

I personally don't feel everyone should be entitled to own firearms, drive, reproduce, exist etc... but that is me and that is why I am not a member of the NRA.
    If you are a suspected terrorist you should not be allowed to own a firearm until you clear your name from the list.

You should never have to prove that your not a terrorist. They (the government ) has to prove that you are.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    And you shouldn't have to post bond to get out of jail, you are not guilty until you or proven guilty or admit to it. It is just the world in which we live in.

Witness

>Glock
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    baton rouge

the ONLY criteria you would have to meet would be being 18years old. when you turn 18 and register for the draft then you are automatically eligible for the "organized militia."

Height/Weight/drug screen could not be further from the truth

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    And you shouldn't have to post bond to get out of jail, you are not guilty until you or proven guilty or admit to it. It is just the world in which we live in.

No you shouldn't.
    And it's your world, not necessarily mine. I work hard to change that world so that I do NOT have to accept those terms.

Top Bottom