The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fjb483

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2013
    New Orleans
    I have lived in Louisiana for 9 months now so this is for a first time permit.

Delivered to LSP via USPS- 12/17/2013
    Money Order Cashed - 12/24/2013
    Received Permit - 3/5/2014

Last edited:

pwc001

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Is anyone else still waiting from mid last year?

Sent mine on 8-2-13, still nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pwc001

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Rejected maybe?

Wouldn't they send a letter or something?

Not sure why it would be rejected, I get Class III toys all the time, with no problem. Even back when you needed state approval.

Also, my girlfriend sent hers at the same time, and nothing on hers yet either.

tigerfan_9

1000 Yard Club
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    New Iberia, LA
    Wouldn't they send a letter or something?

Not sure why it would be rejected, I get Class III toys all the time, with no problem. Even back when you needed state approval.

Also, my girlfriend sent hers at the same time, and nothing on hers yet either.

Have you called to check the status? 7 months certainly wouldn't seem like "a timely fashion".

pwc001

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Just checked the mail today, i sent it on 8-2-13, got it today, it is stamped 3-6-14.

fjb483

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2013
    New Orleans
    Meant to post this as a reply to Tigerfan

I had only been in LA close to 7 months when I submitted mine. Over the last 10 years I had a good amount of residences due to being a student and living 3 places in 4 years. The only reason that I can figure that mine didn't take as long as some others is because I already had a Utah permit. I don't know if that helps or not but the gaps of some people taking 2 months and others taking up to 9 makes no sense.

Last edited:

tigerfan_9

1000 Yard Club
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    New Iberia, LA
    Meant to post this as a reply to Tigerfan

I had only been in LA close to 7 months when I submitted mine. Over the last 10 years I had a good amount of residences due to being a student and living 3 places in 4 years. The only reason that I can figure that mine didn't take as long as some others is because I already had a Utah permit. I don't know if that helps or not but the gaps of some people taking 2 months and others taking up to 9 makes no sense.

Thanks. I have only lived in LA, then in TX for about 6 years and now back in LA for right at a year. I had a TX CHL permit so hopefully i'm on the shorter end of the wait.

jjb518

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Gramercy, LA
    I dropped off my application on Feb 10, 2014. I just called the State Police and they still have no record of me in the system. They said that they are still entering applications from when the computers were down for 6-7 weeks. :squint:

tigerfan_9

1000 Yard Club
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    New Iberia, LA
    I dropped off my application on Feb 10, 2014. I just called the State Police and they still have no record of me in the system. They said that they are still entering applications from when the computers were down for 6-7 weeks. :squint:

What time frame were the computers down for 6-7weeks? "copernicus" up the thread dropped his off 1/23 and got it 3/5....WTF????

JayKay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    Hand-delivered my renewal on 1/27/14
    Received on 3/27/14

The strange thing is that they didn't use the picture that I submitted. My permit has the same picture as my driver's license. Same thing for my wife's permit.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom