The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtj5002

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Lacombe
    Applied online 04/02/2016
    Went to State police headquarter 04/06/2016 at 3 pm
    Paid 04/06/2016
    Application Approved and waiting on mail 04/07/2016 at 8 am

Do yourself a favor and use the online application, they won't even touch your app for over a month if you mail it or hand in paper.

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    Applied online 04/02/2016
    Went to State police headquarter 04/06/2016 at 3 pm
    Paid 04/06/2016
    Application Approved and waiting on mail 04/07/2016 at 8 am

Do yourself a favor and use the online application, they won't even touch your app for over a month if you mail it or hand in paper.

I think you meant your application was accepted. There is a difference between being approved and accepted.

jtj5002

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Lacombe
    I think you meant your application was accepted. There is a difference between being approved and accepted.

Application for Concealed Handgun Permit submitted on 4/2/2016 7:42:00 PM was APPROVED.
    You may not carry a concealed weapon until you receive your permit. You will receive your permit in the U.S. Postal Service mail within 10-15 business days.

Bonephish

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Application for Concealed Handgun Permit submitted on 4/2/2016 7:42:00 PM was APPROVED.
    You may not carry a concealed weapon until you receive your permit. You will receive your permit in the U.S. Postal Service mail within 10-15 business days.

Application submitted January 9, approved Feb 29, paid March 1, nothing in the mail as of April 8. Three months is ridiculous and I've heard from some folks that they are waiting even longer. This fiasco has cost me a considerable amount of money and time. The bureaucracy in BR sucks!

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Application submitted January 9, approved Feb 29, paid March 1, nothing in the mail as of April 8. Three months is ridiculous and I've heard from some folks that they are waiting even longer. This fiasco has cost me a considerable amount of money and time. The bureaucracy in BR sucks!

That's pretty odd. Lately I've been hearing they're coming out quickly. I got mine hand delivered within 10 days ;) (but this was back in 2012).

Did you make sure all your stuff was in order?

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    Long story, short summation.

My daughter and three others submitted their application by mail in mid December. Each app was properly filled out. The difference, if there is any, was they each used the law saying new applicants can use a current parish permit in lieu of training. It is in the rule book on verification of training.

Each got a call from a lady in the permits section in the last two days saying they needed proof of training and the parish permit was not allowed.

I sent the rules by fax to my daughter, who then contacted the head of the permits section.

It seems those working the apps did not know the rules and was rejecting those using the parish permits.

Oddly enough, one applicant is a deputy sheriff and sent in his POST certification from last November along with a parish permit. He also was told that he had to have training.

Hopefully the employees there will be taught the law and rules now.

philrab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mandeville, LA
    ^^^ Working for the government, you'd think I wouldn't be surprised by government employees doing something catastrophically stupid out of ignorance and complacency.

abshane

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Metairie, La
    Called today and was told that i was entered in the system on April 4th. they received my application on Dec 18th, 2015. Yes 3 1/2 months ago. Said they are waiting on the back ground check and that could take up to 120 days. 6 to 7 months wait, i mean what is going on up there.

jtj5002

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Lacombe
    Called today and was told that i was entered in the system on April 4th. they received my application on Dec 18th, 2015. Yes 3 1/2 months ago. Said they are waiting on the back ground check and that could take up to 120 days. 6 to 7 months wait, i mean what is going on up there.

They did my background check on the spot when I went in for prints and approved/mailed it the next day.

lilcrazykev2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    I was wondering, do they tell you that you are rejected or they leave you in the silence? Because I submitted online on 1-11-16 and mailed every paperwork the next day.

Okay, my progress feels pretty stale at this point
    1/11- Filled out Online Application
    1/12- Mailed out paperwork for 1 Day shipping
    3/30- Received Email Payment and made Payment
    4/15- Called in to see if I'm in the system at all, but they responded that I'll have to wait an additional 6-8 weeks due to background check.
    I'm just wondering, they take in my payment and made me wait for 3 months, just to tell me that they need an additional month or 2 to check my background..

Last edited:

_Big_Al_

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    Lafayette
    Wife's time line
    3-12-16 took her CCW Course
    3-18-16 Turned in filled out paperwork w/divorce and fingerprinted at LSP HQ
    4-18-16 Received CCW Permit in the mail permit dated 4-14-16

Last edited:

philrab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mandeville, LA
    So what I'm getting out of this is anyone that doesn't make the drive to Baton Rouge gets royally screwed. I still don't understand why the background investigation seams to take months for mail in. Once the case is accepted, it stands to reason it shouldn't matter if it was submitted in person or via mail.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    I called last week, gal said they were still opening mail from February. Apparently it doesn't take long to process once they get caught up to where you are in the stack.

Top Bottom