The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunsmoke609

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Lafayette, La.
    My wife and daughter mailed in their application, 2 months ago!

Tragic you can't track it but I had to go to LSP HQ and saw the "motivated" employees responsible, well no comment.

Momma said if you can't say something nice, etc, etc.

philrab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mandeville, LA
    3/11 emailed to confirm paperwork was all acceptable.
    3/25 forwarded unanswered email and again politely asked for some guidance.
    3/29 application accepted
    3/30 payment submitted and accepted

Now we wait some more. Emailing them every few weeks ses to be the only way to light a fire under their asses, and I hate being "that guy" but politely waiting sure doesn't seam to be getting any results.

Success!!! 4-28, permit approved. Just waiting for it to show up in the mail. Four full months, shaking my head. Permit originally applied for first week of January.

lilcrazykev2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Okay, my progress feels pretty stale at this point
    1/11- Filled out Online Application
    1/12- Mailed out paperwork for 1 Day shipping
    3/30- Received Email Payment and made Payment
    4/15- Called in to see if I'm in the system at all, but they responded that I'll have to wait an additional 6-8 weeks due to background check.
    I'm just wondering, they take in my payment and made me wait for 3 months, just to tell me that they need an additional month or 2 to check my background..

4/29- Finally received the email about my approval and will send it to me in 10-15 days. Yay

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    You know that you can file online, right? I have the emails from LSP.

I am not sure anything helps or speeds up the process. In my case, I have had a concealed permit since 1984 under the "May" issue and then when the "Shall" issue became law, I was one of the first 300 people to be issued one. Also I have worked with five different LE agencies in Louisiana, a vet of the US Army and a constant resident of Louisiana. No legal problems, no arrests, featured on the cover of a couple LE magazines and recognized as an expert in courts all over the south. Yet I went to Hq in Baton Rouge to renew my permit. Five months later, I got it in the mail. A neighbor three doors down is pastor of a large Baptist church and mailed his off about two days after my trip to BR. His was back in about two months and certainly less time than it took mine to get to me.

CALLOFT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2016
    MARRERO, LA
    I applied for mine on 2-29-16. 10 days later recieved a call from someone requesting a donation to fund assistance to LEO's with things like legal fees etc. Respectfully declined at which time he sarcastically said " well at least donate twenty bucks" Again I respectfully declined and he hung up. I expect I'll be waiting 4 months or more for my concealed carry permit.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I applied for mine on 2-29-16. 10 days later recieved a call from someone requesting a donation to fund assistance to LEO's with things like legal fees etc. Respectfully declined at which time he sarcastically said " well at least donate twenty bucks" Again I respectfully declined and he hung up. I expect I'll be waiting 4 months or more for my concealed carry permit.

I do not think the LSP Concealed Handgun Permit personnel are asking anyone for donations.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I did not donate to anyone. I have some contacts at HQ, but didn't contact anyone for assistance. I didn't even let them know that I was applying for the CHL. I just assumed that applying online was the reason I received mine in 5 days.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Am I the only one on here that submitted electronically? I would like to see the wait times of others that submitted online as a comparison. So far, it looks like everyone mailed in their applications.

philrab

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2015
    Mandeville, LA
    Am I the only one on here that submitted electronically? I would like to see the wait times of others that submitted online as a comparison. So far, it looks like everyone mailed in their applications.

I submitted electronically, just mailed my prints. Right at four months from start to Approved, now just waiting on my permit to come in the mail.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Hmmm. When I went to get my prints done, she asked me if I was submitting electronically. I said yes, and she told me I had to submit the form first. When I received the email stating that my form was submitted, it said to now go down and get printed. When I did my prints, they attached them to my form electronically, no cards required. Also, no money order needed as they take credit/debit cards now.

Top Bottom