The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Because some state employee (you know what that means) has to take your printed information and manually enter it into the database. Same with printed fingerprint cards. There may be only 1 or 2 people that do this, and they can only do so many applications in a day, what with smoke breaks, bathroom breaks, lunch breaks, etc. As Chris Rock said, "When we break.....we break!"

If you apply online and get your prints at LSP, they are immediately entered into the database.

Makes sense -- but at $500/$250/$125 per CCW they should have enough funds to hire a few more data entry personnel..........but that is a management issue......and it seems that their management sux.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Wife took class a couple weeks ago. Took her Friday 8/5 to get prints done at LSP HQ, submitted payment Sunday night, received approval email on Monday 8/8 Morning saying to expect card within 10-15 days.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Makes sense -- but at $500/$250/$125 per CCW they should have enough funds to hire a few more data entry personnel..........but that is a management issue......and it seems that their management sux.

In the big picture the money they get from CHP's in not much when you think about everything in the General Fund. I don't think they get to keep the money in that section and use it how they want.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    In the big picture the money they get from CHP's in not much when you think about everything in the General Fund. I don't think they get to keep the money in that section and use it how they want.

Well, I paid for a lifetime CCW -- I didn't realize it would take a lifetime to get it approved..........!!!!

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    I just called to check on my application submitted 05/06/2016 online with prints mailed in and was told that they haven't started processing mail from May.
    I asked if she knew when they would get to the May mail and she said they were told not to even discuss it. :awais:

midgetcatcher

Tactical Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    1st time application;
    Submitted online on 8/5
    Did digital prints at LSP on 8/9
    Received approval email on 8/10

A nice heads up, I submitted my dd214, and while I knew there wouldn't be a charge for the actual application, I haven't lived in the state for more that 15 years (10 to be exact), and figured I would still have to pay the out of state fee. No charge, which was a nice surprise.

jloftin60

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2016
    DeRidder, LA
    I took my class this weekend, did my application online, plan to go to Baton Rouge this week (if they are open) to do my finger prints.
    How do I pay to get the prints done? Will they accept a credit card? How and when to pay for my 5 year permit?
    I think the office was closed last week due to the flooding. Do you think they will reopen this week.

Broke

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge area
    I took my class this weekend, did my application online, plan to go to Baton Rouge this week (if they are open) to do my finger prints.
    How do I pay to get the prints done? Will they accept a credit card? How and when to pay for my 5 year permit?
    I think the office was closed last week due to the flooding. Do you think they will reopen this week.

You can pay with debit card for fingerprints. And when your application is accepted they will send a link to pay

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

LA Trapper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    Natchitoches
    Drove my son's application to LASP in early April. He checked on it this past week. They said count on 8 months for new applications. Used to be if you put it in their hands it was processed faster than the mailed applications.

I agree, take the day off, or whatever to get your prints right with your application. Happened on my initial application. For me, it is a three hour drive, one way.

My online renewal took 3 1/2 weeks this summer.

Update, he received his Permit a couple of weeks ago. It took around 120 days, about normal.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    4/14/16 - Online submitted
    4/14/16 - Mailed the prints
    4/16/16 - Prints delivered

Still no further progress. I even tried to use my employer as a perk... notta. And no additional information.

I wonder what the professions are of the ones who got theirs so fast...? My little sister seems to have gotten hers the same week she applied.

Still nothing further on mine. Ill start calling again today.

IronMan2015

All Blacked Out
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2013
    Mandeville, LA
    02/16/16 - Submitted
    02/17/16 - Accepted/Paid
    02/25/16 - Approved
    03/03/16 - Received

I went to HQ to submit the app and have finger prints done on the scanner. Might have had something to do with the speed I got mine returned.

stogie5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2016
    Slidell,LA
    I started my online application this morning, 8/10, drove to BR and did my prints, got the link to pay, I just paid tonight. I had lived out of state for awhile, I also have the Doctors note for my anxiety meds attached. So we wait and see. Took about 4 hours more or less at LSP to get my prints done. They told us (a friend applied with me) the best time to come is early in the morning, they open at 7am.

Received my APPROVED email this morning 8/30. Less than a month, I am impressed!

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Their system is broken - LSP management of this absolutely SUCKS!! Should be little time difference if you send everything in with prints by mail or go in person for prints.

Did I mention that their system sucks -- sucks -- sucks! Hell, I'll need a refresher course before I even get mine........

I just called to check on my application submitted 05/06/2016 online with prints mailed in and was told that they haven't started processing mail from May.
    I asked if she knew when they would get to the May mail and she said they were told not to even discuss it. :awais:

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Quote Originally Posted by MTregre View Post
    4/14/16 - Online submitted
    4/14/16 - Mailed the prints
    4/16/16 - Prints delivered

Still no further progress. I even tried to use my employer as a perk... notta. And no additional information.

I wonder what the professions are of the ones who got theirs so fast...? My little sister seems to have gotten hers the same week she applied.

As I have said numerous times:
    Apply online
    Get prints at LSP
    Pay with credit/debit card
    Get your CHP in less than 30 days (mostly)

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    As I have said numerous times:
    Apply online
    Get prints at LSP
    Pay with credit/debit card
    Get your CHP in less than 30 days (mostly)

Since it is a 3.5 hour drive for myself and my wife are you volunteering to cover our lost time at work (a full day off each) and fuel and meal cost?

That option is not practical for many in the state.
    There is NO practical reason that LSP finger print machines can't/shouldn't be interfaced so that electronic prints can't be taken at any LSP office.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Since it is a 3.5 hour drive for myself and my wife are you volunteering to cover our lost time at work (a full day off each) and fuel and meal cost?

That option is not practical for many in the state.
    There is NO practical reason that LSP finger print machines can't/shouldn't be interfaced so that electronic prints can't be taken at any LSP office.

I agree with you, but since it it not an option right now, the common denominator seems to be the mailing of any document. I am not taking up for the LSP, merely pointing out my opinion of the difference in processing times. I really feel bad for all of the people that have been waiting for a long time, and it is probably too late for them to do anything about it. But based on all of the comments on 55 pages, I would tell anyone applying to follow my steps above. Take a vacation day and come to Baton Rouge. It's not that bad, really.

Top Bottom