The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trith72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Shreveport
    I agree with you, but since it it not an option right now, the common denominator seems to be the mailing of any document. I am not taking up for the LSP, merely pointing out my opinion of the difference in processing times. I really feel bad for all of the people that have been waiting for a long time, and it is probably too late for them to do anything about it. But based on all of the comments on 55 pages, I would tell anyone applying to follow my steps above. Take a vacation day and come to Baton Rouge. It's not that bad, really.

I originally mailed my prints in 2 weeks ago, but I think I'm going to go down tomorrow and get them done electronically to speed the process along. I submitted my application via the web, might as well eliminate the paper fingerprint problems. It's likely they haven't even opened the envelope with them in it at this point.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Good question. If you get arrested outside of BR, do they book you at the troop, or at a local jail? Do the troops have access to AFIS? Can they run electronic prints? If so, then you should be able to get printed at your local troop.

None that I know of have fingerprinting ability. State Police always books into local prison. Even in Baton Rouge.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    None that I know of have fingerprinting ability. State Police always books into local prison. Even in Baton Rouge.

Thanks for this information, I as unaware of this.

It would be a little more involved, but the local digital fingerprint systems could be interfaced to the CHP office or have the ability to transmit the prints digitally to CHP.

Trith72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Shreveport
    I'm sitting in the a State Police headquarters right now waiting on fingerprints. I checked in with the CCW desk on my app while here and within 5 minutes I had my email saying app was accepted and to submit payment. Definately faster to do app online and come here for prints.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    Called today, it is much easier it seems to get them to answer, only rang one time.

I was also told "we are no longer allowed to discuss at what time period of mail we are processing" I explained that I have called 4 times and been given updates, and she replied with the same sentence. Must be a prompt on a piece of paper they read. She did tell me if I don't receive a email requesting payment in 2 weeks, call back. Must be a bit of a hint as to where they are in the mail.

Trith72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Shreveport
    So I'm all wrapped up now, just got done paying via the email link for the lifetime permit. Now the waiting game until they accept everything. So for me the timeline so far is

8/14 Online application submitted
    8/15 fingerprints mailed
    9/1 decided to do fingerprints at headquarters, checked on application status while there
    9/1 received acceptance and pay email
    9/1 Paid

...waiting :cool:

clo5

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 17, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    8/22 Application submitted
    8/23 Application, payment accepted
    8/24 Fingerprints taken at LSP
    9/7 Approved

Now if only I could make that 10 min drive to LSP to pickup instead of wait for it in the mail.

Cheby2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2016
    DeQuincy La
    Just took class last week , filed app online and was going to mail prints , but after reading several pages of this thread , I don't think I'll do that ! Going to make the drive to HQ and have the prints done , no paper ! I have a couple of questions though , Do I have to have anything from the app to show in order to have the prints done ? Do they just go off of LADL # ? Just want to make sure that I show up with what I need , if anything , to get the prints done and attached to my online submitted app ! Thanks

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Just took class last week , filed app online and was going to mail prints , but after reading several pages of this thread , I don't think I'll do that ! Going to make the drive to HQ and have the prints done , no paper ! I have a couple of questions though , Do I have to have anything from the app to show in order to have the prints done ? Do they just go off of LADL # ? Just want to make sure that I show up with what I need , if anything , to get the prints done and attached to my online submitted app ! Thanks

We didnt bring any thing but my wifes DL. She submitted online and they were able to get all the info on the computer.

gcab985

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Raceland, LA
    My wife submitted her payment and paperwork on February 2, 2016. Still waiting after 7 months.

She has two other friends who submitted paperwork in February. They are both still waiting.

Trith72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Shreveport
    So I'm all wrapped up now, just got done paying via the email link for the lifetime permit. Now the waiting game until they accept everything. So for me the timeline so far is

8/15 fingerprints mailed
    9/1 decided to do fingerprints at headquarters, checked on application status while there
    9/1 Paid

...waiting :cool:

Just got my approved email from the state! Mailing to me within 10-15 days. So timeline now is:

8/15 fingerprints mailed
    9/1 Paid
    9/12 Approved, mailing out.

Wyldhog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    At my computer
    My wife applied online on Aug 28, drove to BR on the 29th for prints. While at the service counter, the girl sent an acceptance email and payment email. Total time at LSP headquarters was less than 45 minutes. Paid online after we got home that afternoon...permit received in the mail on Sept 17. Total waiting time...3 weeks!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom