The Beltman.net

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    So anyway. I received my beltman horse leather 1.5" belt today, and for not having anything extra placed in between the leather, it is very stiff. Very nice quality. You will not find a belt like this at Wal-mart.

I will do some local searching and see if I can find anything similar to this, but being that I have gone through quite a few leather belts from local places, I am not sure I can find similar quality w/o paying 100 bucks or more.

Anyone else own a beltman.net belt? If so, how long? Has it held up to time & use?

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    So anyway. I received my beltman horse leather 1.5" belt today, and for not having anything extra placed in between the leather, it is very stiff. Very nice quality. You will not find a belt like this at Wal-mart.

I will do some local searching and see if I can find anything similar to this, but being that I have gone through quite a few leather belts from local places, I am not sure I can find similar quality w/o paying 100 bucks or more.

Anyone else own a beltman.net belt? If so, how long? Has it held up to time & use?

I dont own one but i'm in the market for a good gun belt and have narrowed it down to belt man. Can you report back after wearing it with your thoughts?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    He gets an A+ from me. I've had one for a couple years, about. I love my belt and the service I received both times I had to send it in for resizing.

eta: got it January of 07. took 2 and a half weeks after date of order to arrive. turn around for shortenings was about a week.

owen502

Don't Ban Me Bro
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I have had one for about 2 weeks. I have the bullhide 1.5". It was extremely stiff when I first got it, but it is wearing in nice. I will be carrying with it tomorrow all day so that will be the big test for me. Very happy with the workmanship on it.

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I need to loose about 2.5 pounds in the waist! :eek: It fits comfy w/ IWB, but on the last hole! And on the last hole, you can see the small brass screw under the tail of the belt and I measured to the active hole on the other belts I have, I am not complaining, because if it was any longer, it wouldn't be comfy while carrying on the hip at the range.

OWB fits perfect! Horsehide is thick & stiff. No internal stiffener needed, that's for sure...

I chose the 7 hole option, for a closer fit. I like that option a lot.

Oh yeah, did I mention it was a pretty sharp looking belt. ;)

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I need to loose about 2.5 pounds in the waist! :eek: It fits comfy w/ IWB, but on the last hole! And on the last hole, you can see the small brass screw under the tail of the belt and I measured to the active hole on the other belts I have, I am not complaining, because if it was any longer, it wouldn't be comfy while carrying on the hip at the range.

OWB fits perfect! Horsehide is thick & stiff. No internal stiffener needed, that's for sure...

I chose the 7 hole option, for a closer fit. I like that option a lot.

Oh yeah, did I mention it was a pretty sharp looking belt. ;)

So did you mess up when measuring for your order?

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    So did you mess up when measuring for your order?

:D No, I ordered it planning on using it for OWB carry, but didn't get the new holster until last week. I have been using it off & on with my IWB more frequently, since I have lost about 6.5 pounds, but still prefer my cowhide 1.5" black belt for that.

The Beltman horsehide only had one little area of wear on the black sealed rim, but a sharpie took care of it. It is still stiff & will let you know it is there when you are sitting down. It is very nice for range wear, but around the house or sitting in the recliner, it is a bit much.

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    Here's my comments from his testimonials page:

It has been several months since I received my black 1.25-inch bullhide belt from you and I just wanted to let you know that it is one of the nicest belts that I've ever owned. As someone who has carried a concealed pistol daily for most of my adult life, I truly appreciate the detail and attention that goes into your belts.

As a trainer, I see all sorts of gear in classes and I tend to work the hell out of my personal gear. Your work is topnotch and your pricing represents a phenomenal deal for the knowledgable consumer. When I first showed up to teach a class wearing your belt, my colleague laughed because he was used to seeing my old beatup 1.75-inch Wilderness belt. After two and a half days of some pretty rigorous force-on-force work, during which time several peices of carry gear were destroyed, your belt still looked as it had when I first received it.

Take care, Paul Gomez

-----------

That was a few years ago and his belt still is going strong. I don't wear it much anymore because it is about 4-inches to long and I haven't had it taken in yet.

If anyone would like to work with it, it is a 1.25 inch wide x 40 inch long belt in black bullhide, let me know. I'd be happy to pass it off next time I'm in town.

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    I've been wearing one of his bull hide belts for a couple of years now and it's, by far, the best belt that I've ever owned. I plan on getting a couple more in the near future.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom