The countdown has begun!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Oh lord help us! Blood in the streets!

1719363676571.gif

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Sitting at work on this long night, wondering if Independence Day will be a more peaceful or more bloody holiday this year with half the state legally strapped. Somehow it doesn’t really matter to me.

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    So much bad information in the article posted by OP. Not faulting the poster, just the reporting and the one giving the reporter the false information.
    A who can carry a gun.JPG

B can't carry in gov buildings.JPG
    C cops will be called.JPG

frankinola

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Well now it appears thta NOPD is going to utilize a title 40 statue: https://www.legis.la.gov/legis/law.aspx?d=97460

RS 40:1382
    Negligent carrying of a concealed handgun

A. Negligent carrying of a concealed handgun is the intentional or criminally negligent carrying by any person, whether or not authorized or licensed to carry or possess a concealed handgun, under the following circumstances:

(1) When it is foreseeable that the handgun may discharge, or when others are placed in reasonable apprehension that the handgun may discharge.

(2) When the handgun is being carried, brandished, or displayed under circumstances that create a reasonable apprehension on the part of members of the public or a law enforcement official that a crime is being committed or is about to be committed.

Here is the news story

Gerberman

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Well now it appears thta NOPD is going to utilize a title 40 statue: https://www.legis.la.gov/legis/law.aspx?d=97460

A. Negligent carrying of a concealed handgun is the intentional or criminally negligent carrying by any person, whether or not authorized or licensed to carry or possess a concealed handgun, under the following circumstances:

(1) When it is foreseeable that the handgun may discharge, or when others are placed in reasonable apprehension that the handgun may discharge.

(2) When the handgun is being carried, brandished, or displayed under circumstances that create a reasonable apprehension on the part of members of the public or a law enforcement official that a crime is being committed or is about to be committed.

Here is the news story

Not sure where they get these provisions, can anyone enlighten on these parts of the article?
    • Are at a school sponsored function (would seem to include event at a restaurant or private facility not on school grounds?)
    • Are at an airport except as allowed for transport by law. (Obviously not beyond security screening)
    • Are in a restaurant or bar that serves alcohol ( The age old debate aside, just going to a restaurant that has a separate bar)
    • The article and NOLA superintendent says the new law won’t go into effect in NOLA until August 1st and their own ”ordinance” expires.
    • Thanks for any insight.

Last edited:

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston

(1) When it is foreseeable that the handgun may discharge....
    So no Glocks or P320s ?

panda bear eating popcorn.gif

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So, by my count, we are into the 4th month of constitutional carry in our state. I know there were only a few folks touting tragedy and blood in the streets, so I understand I may not get an answer, but I was just wondering when all that is supposed to take place? First quarter is almost over… surely something will start soon, right? Anybody hearing anything?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Its all bout dem stickers! Wanna stop the gun violence, plaster dem stickers everywhere in NOLA.

Dem savages murdered an 11 year old girl in Laplace and a 15 YO boy in NO East, in last 2 days.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dangray
    Top Bottom