The Glock Gadget

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Not only do I not hold the hammer of a single action gun when holstering, no one has ever told me that you should. I think it would make some people subconciously put their finger in the trigger gaurd. Perhaps I am ignorant. I'll spend good money on a holster for a glock and not worry about buying this. But.... I wouldn't see it out of the relm of possibilities that, after lawyers get a hold of this, it will be in the box of your new glock along with the trigger lock.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Seems unnecessary. Do people really hold on to the hammer when holstering a gun?

YES, standard practice with a hammer fired weapon with a decocker! "book procedure" will be to decock the firearm before holstering it putting it in DA mode, and then riding the hammer this way if for some reasson anything gets in the way of your trigger while re holstering and your hammer starts to engage you will feel it with your thumb, good practice at night when its hard to see, not many people do it though. 90% of AD's with DA/SA weapons happen while reholstering the gun in SA mode without safety on.

Realistically speaking, it just makes me like strike fired weapons even more, and I see NO use for this device but then again I wasnt smart enough to invent the device either

:)

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I can't believe that many people appendix carry. My gun goes between 4-5 o'clock, I never had a desire to shove it down the front of my pants.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I would buy this first.

gun-nutz.jpg

Never understood the people who buy a gun and then do everything in their power to change it into another kind of gun. Why not just buy a hammer fired gun in the first place.

But what do I know, I have never trained tier .5 units and do not have an "ivory" league education. ;) Inside joke.

ETA:- Looks like a really cool little area for your shirt to potential hang up in on the draw also. Sorry, novel idea just like the glock trigger lock safety and the pistol bayonet, but seems more like a solution looking for a problem.

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Its simply what Tod G and Gabe Suarez teaches as the "ultimate" carry method, lots of people who follow the ideals behind it, I say dont knock it till you try it but its hard to get an old horse to stop carrying at 3 oclock and to find a holster that is actually comfortable next to the jewels.

It prints less, it provides LESS involved movement to the gun in a 360 degree enviroment, it also allows you to draw while being on your back which mostlikely is where you will end up at if surpised by an attacker, unlike a 3-4-5 o clock that you will have to slightly rotate to acomplish the task in hand.

As mentioned before I think the idea behing the "device" is trying to fix something that wasnt broken, but then again I'm not an expert and never will be

As far as the tactical balls I wont buy them until they make them in OD :)

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    No thanks. I'd rather buy a Kevlar jock strap w/trauma plate. :mamoru:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Only if you grab them with two fingers, if you use a beercan grip, it constitutes aggravated sexual battery of a firearm.

BUT if gives you that "ohhhhhhh give me more" effect though, kinna like them things that you know is bad but feels good phahahaahaa

boy u aint rite ................... you must need to eat some pork :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom