The Glock Gadget

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    It may be true that most ADs occur while reholstering, but this is only when someone is already doing something wrong (not decocking, finger on trigger, etc). So I don't see how this would help since you have to remember to push on it with your thumb in the first place. If you can remember that, you can just reholster properly in the first place.

Anyway, it is still pointless, because I can't think of a situation where you need to do a speed reholstering anyway (correct me if I'm wrong). Just take your damn time.

That being said, I do know a guy who shot himself in the thigh with his XD while reholstering because the hoster strap got inside the trigger guard. This would not have helped him, though.

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    Appendix carry has a number of virtues but it doesn't work for everyone. A number of very accomplished guys have concerns about running a non-hammered gun in A-IWB. This is a solution for that perception. I started re-examing A-IWB back in 2005 and worked with a number of holster makers on designs to support running Glock 17s & 19s. I've done a fair bit of appendix carry work with Glocks and never had this concern. Of course, I've seen guys who should never carry a gun with real bullets imitating their IGC [Internet Guru of Choice] and come dangerously close to putting a bullet in their own body carrying A-IWB.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Appendix carry has a number of virtues but it doesn't work for everyone. A number of very accomplished guys have concerns about running a non-hammered gun in A-IWB. This is a solution for that perception. I started re-examing A-IWB back in 2005 and worked with a number of holster makers on designs to support running Glock 17s & 19s. I've done a fair bit of appendix carry work with Glocks and never had this concern. Of course, I've seen guys who should never carry a gun with real bullets imitating their IGC [Internet Guru of Choice] and come dangerously close to putting a bullet in their own body carrying A-IWB.

SO are you basically saying it is a hardware fix to a software issue?

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    I'm saying 'perception is reality' and if it makes someone, who is going to do the work, more comfortable with running the gun in appendix, then I don't have an issue with it. Am I going to use one? Nope. And the ****nuts are going to be unsafe no matter what...;)

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I'm saying 'perception is reality' and if it makes someone, who is going to do the work, more comfortable with running the gun in appendix, then I don't have an issue with it. Am I going to use one? Nope. And the ****nuts are going to be unsafe no matter what...;)

Is this only when carrying appendix? :p

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Already been said, but yeah I would carry a different type of weapon before I modified a Glock like that.

But more importantly I want to know is can someone still appendix carry when he's had his appendix removed?

Top Bottom