The Gov. is on a roll… keep it up Gov. Jeff Landry

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    103   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I’m all for this and approve this message!!

quote from the governer

“Teaching children that they are currently or destined to be oppressed or to be an oppressor based on their race and origin is wrong and has no place in our Louisiana classrooms”

AMEN BROTHER!!!

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    103   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Amen to that. One of the many reasons I choose to put my kids in private school is garbage like that being taught in public schools.
    Agreed, that’s why me and the wife decided to home school our 3 boys, using Christian based curriculum… would rather sacrifice her income for our family to know our kids are being taught Christian based non liberal, leftest, communist , pro lgbq+$%, pronouns, satanic, gender miss-identification agenda’s… all while removing important American history and teaching false narratives

Last edited:

Baker Shake

Rating - 100%
    0   0   1
    Sep 15, 2021
    Gonzales, LA
    Agreed, that’s why me and the wife decided to home school our 3 boys, using Christian based curriculum… would rather sacrifice her income for our family to know our kids are being taught Christian based non liberal, leftest, communist , pro lgbq+$%, pronouns, satanic, gender miss-identification agenda’s… all while removing important American history and teaching false narratives
    Which curriculum do y'all use? We are a homeschool family as well. Classical Conversations is a really good one that we’ve done for several years now…everything centered around God and biblical truth.

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    CRT is a red herring. Certain groups on both sides of the argument use it as a vehicle to further their initiatives but it's an inflammatory topic so people blow it out of proportion because of the emotions it invokes. It's not stupid to teach kids that racism exists in the world both from people and some institutions...that's just the truth. And I'm not just talking about white on black racism either. No matter your race, you should be conscious of that. Ignoring something and failing to teach our kids about it just kicks the proverbial can down the road. Jeff Landry is keen on making political headlines with "victories" like this and the 10 commandments in public classrooms. These oranges aren't worth the squeeze. They're failing to tackle the biggest issues faced with Louisiana's educational system...far from it. They're distracting people from the giant issues like underpaid teachers and underfunded schools. Then, these uneducated children grow up to be non or poorly functioning members of society. The public gets distracted by these shiny objects and forget the big picture that continues to plague us.

And before everyone gets their pitchforks, I don't believe in teaching CRT officially. That's just the face of it all and I think all the junk it stirs up detracts from the ultimate goal of preparing children for the world in which they will inhabit.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I'm starting to get a little disappointed with Landry . This last deal with wanting to bring Mike the Tiger back to the stadium for games again is stupid . I'm glad the Vet School guy is saying NO . Focus on the important stuff and stop looking for feel good headlines .

Griz375

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2022
    901 AC
    I’m all for this and approve this message!!

quote from the governer

“Teaching children that they are currently or destined to be oppressed or to be an oppressor based on their race and origin is wrong and has no place in our Louisiana classrooms”

AMEN BROTHER!!!

CRT is a politically inspired abomination . . .

just an opinion from an old (my wife says 'mature') curmudgeon

Top Bottom