The Louis Awerbuck Belt

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I got more questions from you internet people about his belt line than anything else. So I asked him, "Louis everyone wants to know, do you wear all that stuff daily?"

Louis replies, "No I walk around naked."

With a sigh, he goes into a break down of what everything is for.

Two slugs - He carries a double barrel shotgun as his truck gun but doesn't keep it loaded to avoid breaking any laws as he travels from state to state. Should he need the shotgun all he has to do is pluck the two slugs from his belt. He prefers slugs since he can make torso shots out to 100 yards if needed or do a hostage rescuing headshot at closer ranges.

Pistol - For classes he carries a single stack 1911 that has been rendered completely inoperable with a plugged barrel. He passes it around at the start of every day and requires everyone to examine it to be sure it can't fire. Before waving it towards any students he checks it to confirm he's handling the dummy gun. This works out better than using a blue gun since he can demo clearance procedures on it just like an operating gun, however it is unsettling to have it pointed at you. On the street he carries a Frankenstein double stack 1911 that's some Para and some Colt.

Backup Pistol - He likes to carry an XD subcompact for backup however he doesn't wear it during the class.

Holsters - He has two custom made kydex holsters a friend of his made, one on each hip. They aren't fancy. The right hand holster has an extreme cant to it. About FBI + 30 degrees. He wears it like this to prevent the butt from sticking out when bending over.

Flashlights - He has three flashlights. The one on the reel is a Safariland he's testing. The weapon light is a Surefire that goes on a rail on his double barrel shotgun. He can also use it for a backup to his handheld light. His handheld light is a Surefire Executive with this scary bezel face that looks like it could be used to smash a guys face in if needed.

Knives - That's a Surefire pocket knife he uses for general cutting needs. The other knife is some type of special bladed knife that he says he "always wanted" so now that he has it he "has to carry it".

Pocket Watch - There is a pocket watch on one of the little chains going into his pocket. I forgot what is on the other chain. Maybe someone else remembers?

Keys - "I have to have my keys."

Multi Tool - He is always fixing something on the range, so I would think the multi tool he couldn't live without.

That's about it. If I missed something or got something wrong please chime in and correct me. Oh one last thing he told me.

"My underwear is blue."

Great I need to run out and get blue underwear now.

3523688910_bcd4490a59.jpg

3522882199_c20098f61d.jpg

3522907855_a4b0e63a3c.jpg

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    The small flashlight he's testing is actually a Fenix PD20. Its a great light!

Also, in case anyone was wondering (I did), the thing in the front of his multitool holster is a fire starter/spark stick/whatever you call it.

And since I know it will come up...all of his holsters are custom made by a LEO friend of his who makes them just for LEOs. In other words, no you can't buy one. :p

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    The small flashlight he's testing is actually a Fenix PD20. Its a great light!

Also, in case anyone was wondering (I did), the thing in the front of his multitool holster is a fire starter/spark stick/whatever you call it.

And since I know it will come up...all of his holsters are custom made by a LEO friend of his who makes them just for LEOs. In other words, no you can't buy one. :p

I bought 2 Fenix lights. i liked them alot.

His special knife is a lock folder with a damacus blade.. He said he always wanted a knife with a damacus blade.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    He wears a vest in public with surefire batteries in the pockets to keep it weighted down.

The flashlight bezel was much longer and sharper than the one you pictured. I don't think he could get through airport security with it.

nikolai

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Houston, TX
    He also mentioned that he has to have all of his pants custom tailored/made. He said he was wearing "little boys jeans" one size up in the waist. I can't remember what's on the silver chain for the life of me.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Backup Pistol - He likes to carry an XD subcompact for backup however he doesn't wear it during the class.

I don't know about that. I could, after a bit of looking, see the print in his jeans and unless he was bullshitting (and he wouldn't ********), he did say he had another gun on him.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I don't know about that. I could, after a bit of looking, see the print in his jeans and unless he was bullshitting (and he wouldn't ********), he did say he had another gun on him.

i asked him outright, and he said no. also, on the last day, it was in his truck.

Did anyone else think he belt was kinda thin compared to what you wold expect for all the gear he carries on it?

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    i asked him outright, and he said no. also, on the last day, it was in his truck.

Did anyone else think he belt was kinda thin compared to what you wold expect for all the gear he carries on it?

Yes I thought he belt was a little weak.

I ordered a left hand comptac holster for my P7M8. I'm going to try this dual wielding thing.. :squint:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA

After the first day I don't think he was carrying it. I was there when Brennan asked, he did indeed say he was wearing the holster but no pistol.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    The dilemma with carrying two kochs is do I carry reloads or just be satisfied with two 8+1 pistols and no reloads? I tried it last night mexican style and I could handle the two kochs but adding the reloads was a little over the top.

Top Bottom