The major discovery of Christian history

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky

As April DeConick says in the url I posted yesterday, the more you read about this, the more red flags fly. This Elkington fellow's CV do not establish him as one to take without a large dose of NaCl.

One of the commentators said that we are in lent and that's when things like this raise their heads.

The history of this time, who wrote the various books of the New Testament, how the Bible was put together are fascinating, but this isn't the place to discuss that.
    :squint:

Witiku

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2006
    I read this yesterday and was thoroughly disapponted. I do not understand why people attempt forgeries of ancient artifacts. It is entirely counterporductive.

That's easy. $$ M O N E Y $$. There are Soo many people willing to buy illegally obtained artifacts that the forgers will do their best to dupe the buyers. They could not care less about archaeology or the truth. Religion adds a selling point. A COA that comes with the actual Holy Grail Jesus used could only increase the price, hence the reference to 'I will be~~standing' combined with pictographs of a tomb and likely a city. [Jerusalem]. Most interesting and devious.

Some of the best are yet to be uncovered methinks. Electroplated gold plated fake pieces in museums all over the world I expect. Technology has outpaced the buyers.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    That's easy. $$ M O N E Y $$. There are Soo many people willing to buy illegally obtained artifacts that the forgers will do their best to dupe the buyers. They could not care less about archaeology or the truth. Religion adds a selling point. A COA that comes with the actual Holy Grail Jesus used could only increase the price, hence the reference to 'I will be~~standing' combined with pictographs of a tomb and likely a city. [Jerusalem]. Most interesting and devious.

Some of the best are yet to be uncovered methinks. Electroplated gold plated fake pieces in museums all over the world I expect. Technology has outpaced the buyers.

Good points.

I think, too, these people are looking for their fifteen minutes of fame.
    :squint:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I read some time ago that when chunks of wood claimed to be from the cross of Jesus' execution were sold there were said to be enough chunks to build an ark.

from
    Book of Dawg...
    Wherest moneyeth and man shallest abide , greedest and lieths will there also dwellesteth

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Matthew Nodier
    Top Bottom