The necessity of high capacity magazines

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    This may be one of the dumbest arguments ever. More bullets is more better. But if you are comfortable with your wheelgun and shoot it well, more power to ya. 99% of the time you'll be fine. Six guys breaking into your house to violently rape your pregnant wife would represent the other 1%. Whether or not the 1% concerns you is a personal decision.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Are you seriously trying to imply that im a sexist neanderthal? Does that qualify as enlightened discourse in your circles?

Not in the least. I'm saying that him being blind is irrelevant to there being someone able to use a weapon on that house.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Not in the least. I'm saying that him being blind is irrelevant to there being someone able to use a weapon on that house.

Agreed...since he was blind...Then it would be his wife's responsibility to protect the home and castle. Yet...at the same time...the article did say "he was legally blind without his eye-glasses"
    So...considering the media's ability to sensationalize...one must question the term "blind" in the normal sense of the word.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Agreed...since he was blind...Then it would be his wife's responsibility to protect the home and castle. Yet...at the same time...the article did say "he was legally blind without his eye-glasses"
    So...considering the media's ability to sensationalize...one must question the term "blind" in the normal sense of the word.

Interesting. According to this websight, a legally blind person can drive. http://police.laws.com/illegal/legally-blind

Years ago, I asked my eye doctor what my vision would be on the 20/20 scale without glasses, he looked at me and said "legally blind". Not sure if he was joking or not.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Interesting. According to this websight, a legally blind person can drive. http://police.laws.com/illegal/legally-blind

Years ago, I asked my eye doctor what my vision would be on the 20/20 scale without glasses, he looked at me and said "legally blind". Not sure if he was joking or not.

My eyes are not that bad...so I can not comment on whether or not someone who is legally blind without glasses can see a blur and hit that blur with a firearm. But saying Blind without glasses seems a little contradictive...because its not what I think of as blind.

In 1934, the American Medical Association adopted the following definition of blindness:

"Central visual acuity of 20/200 or less in the better eye with corrective glasses or central visual acuity of more than 20/200 if there is a visual field defect in which the peripheral field is contracted to such an extent that the widest diameter of the visual field subtends an angular distance no greater than 20 degrees in the better eye.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    This may be one of the dumbest arguments ever. More bullets is more better. But if you are comfortable with your wheelgun and shoot it well, more power to ya. 99% of the time you'll be fine. Six guys breaking into your house to violently rape your pregnant wife would represent the other 1%. Whether or not the 1% concerns you is a personal decision.

To tell you the truth, I really didn't know it was still up for debate. :D

Sort of thought this was just one of those stories in a long list of them
    that would further drive home the nail, of "More is better", no matter how you slice it. :dunno:

Guess not for some folks.

Top Bottom