The new "Assault Weapons Ban" HR 6257

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    my roommate told me he thinks the AWB is a good idea. he says people dont need assault weapons and handguns......and he claims to be conservative

Tell your friend that's what all of the anti-gun people in Kalifornia thought before the Rodney King riots when they supported, and passed, a 7 day waiting period when purchasing a handgun. Once the riots erupted, and the L.A. police told the people that they weren't going to get police protection and had to fend for themselves, these same people stormed the gun stores looking to arm themselves to the teeth and bitched because they had to wait 7 days before they could get their guns. It's also very important to note that the only stores that didn't get looted were the ones where the owners were standing guard outside armed with assault weapons, mostly AR-15s. Apparently, the looters didn't want to have anything to do with these guys. I wonder why?

Btw, being pro-gun is not necessarily a conservative thing. I personally know liberals that own tons of guns including assault weapons. It seems to be just a general anti-gun thing based upon fear, ignorance, and naivety.

dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    Earlier in the week, I overheard some co-workers discussing Obama's AWB and the gun frenzy that is resulting from it. One said to the other that she supported the ban because she didn't see a need for people to own assault weapons and would like to see them purged from the earth. I just stood their and listened. When I got up to walk away, the other co-worker asked me what I thought because he knew that I was into guns and I replied "I own my fair share of them" and just kept walking.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I don't think there will be any ban on guns , ammo will be the target !!!!!! :flamed:

BINGO !!! They know that they can't knock on your door and ask for
    all of your weapons . But they CAN price you out of the market , so to speak .

That being said , I ordered a buttload of ammo last night . :cool:

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    my roommate told me he thinks the AWB is a good idea. he says people dont need assault weapons and handguns......and he claims to be conservative
    your roomate also thinks "just because you hold one in your mouth till it goes limp, doesnt make you gay" that doesnt make him right.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    we have had many drag out fights over this topic, and the economic situatuion, and he thinks there should be a license to have children, and population control. he was an awesome guy, and the LSU college of business brainwashed him.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Actually, if we have a riot somewhere decent before they pass the gun legislation we'll be OK. People need to be scared once to understand. Most people have never been in a situation where they don't have police protection. Give them a few hours with a riot in their area and no cell coverage and the conversion to conservatism will begin.

WILDCATT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    MANNING SC
    AWB

I know this is late BUT does any one know how many semis were sold since nov 4.evert store and the manufacturers are swamped.as a former resident of Mass I have ties there and they are buying like mad,I have a friend that is a dealer.
    NOW IS THE TIME TO GET LOADING EQUIPMENT AND BULLET MOLDS.I HAVE BEEN A RELOADER SINCE 1939.I can load most any cal.
    the dems have not got ther majority yet so the repubs could block them.and there are dems that are pro gun.join the NRA.:rolleyes::D

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I have a funny feeling that Obama, wanting to get re-elected to a second term, will wait to go after guns in a big way until after his re-election.

However, I have heard that a 100% ammo tax is coming right away.

Top Bottom