The start of my first sbr build.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    The lower is a spike's tactical Jolly Roger, One of the original one's with the selector markings as "parley, arrgh, and plunder". As far as the build goes, I have a list of lower parts on the way.

Starting with the CMMG LPK with the 2 stage trigger.
    Upgrade's include.

The Battle Arms Development Safety Selector, Better known as BADASS

Phase5 v2 bolt release

Seekins Precision Billet Trigger Guard

High Standard Oversized Magazine Release

Vltor True mil-spec buffer tube

J.P. Enterprise Buffer Spring

Troy Sling Plate

Spike's Heavy Buffer

Magpul Moe+ Grip

Jolly Roger Take Down Pins

Magpul ACS stock

KNS Anti-Roll Pins

**need opinions on an ambidextrous magazine release**

As for the upper I am undecided I have at least another 6 months to figure it out though....:wtc:

I thought I wanted a 10.5 inch barrel but from what I've read everyone screams to get 11.5 not 10.5 ......opinions welcome.
    I put 10.5 on my form 1 but from my understanding that is easily changed.

For people who have been through this, where can I send my lower to be engraved?

That's about it I will post picture's as the lower parts start to come in next week.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Sorry I already have state approval on it and form 1 is at atf.

Not to mention, the original spikes jolly roger lowers are impossible to find now.

But hey, I cant blame you for trying.

Haha. It's true. I found several at around $500. It's a novelty, though, so I couldn't justify the cost.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I like the Punisher lowers. I bought a BCM lower to mate with my BCM upper, but I can't bring myself to swap them out. Guess I'll be building another BCM upper to go on the BCM lower.
    y6azy6u5.jpg

taha4u2y.jpg

my8adagu.jpg

3aqejyqe.jpg

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    I guess I need to update this. I called this morning since the shutdown ended and was told it went pending August 16th. Now we will see how long before it's approved

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I guess I need to update this. I called this morning since the shutdown ended and was told it went pending August 16th. Now we will see how long before it's approved

Damn, you started this back in June and went pending 3 days before me, after I submitted on Aug 19 and went pending same-day. Gotta love e-file, and the removal of the State approval crap.

Also, couldn't you find any more aftermarket non-standard parts to put on your lower? I think you might have a part or two in original style, left. :D Maybe put a CMC flat trigger in there so everything looks upgraded :P

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Damn, you started this back in June and went pending 3 days before me, after I submitted on Aug 19 and went pending same-day. Gotta love e-file, and the removal of the State approval crap.

Also, couldn't you find any more aftermarket non-standard parts to put on your lower? I think you might have a part or two in original style, left. :D Maybe put a CMC flat trigger in there so everything looks upgraded :P

Lol, I'm not sure if I could add anything else. I have a habit of customizing vehicles, and carried that over to my firearms, especially the ones I plan on using just at the range. Any of them I hunt with I leave pretty much to their original function.

As for the e-file I'm definitely using it on my next stamp.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cherry-Bandit
    Top Bottom