The State vs Liberty

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dangermoney

C'est Chaud Peur Lot
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    Well, it's THE interpretation as we are still at war with the British Crown's NWO antics. It *IS* "their" plan and I suppose you oppose them.

I cannot "tell you" whose theories to befriend. I can tell you to become familiar with "all of them" keeping in mind what this nation stands for as you read them. It will then be obvious to you.

Try reading Thomas Paine, Frederic Bastiat and other Founders (Fred Bastiat was not one) and compare and contrast the other Crown Agents' position.

No, it is not THE interpretation, it is yours. Many interpretations of Smith's economic theories have evolved over the years and most of them are incorrect. Today's version of "free trade" (a.k.a. economic imperialism) is no where close to Smith's original concept of "free trade". While there is little doubt that Smith's theories do advocate a form of Economic Darwanism, such is life in the real world. We might not like it, but that is the way things are.

I have read Thomas Paine, along with the writings of the Founders, extensively over the years and some of it I agree with and some of it I don't. In any case, these writings clearly indicate that the Founders were often at odds with one another and some of them did not have the best interest of our country's citizens at heart. Shay's Rebellion is an interesting case in point.

Thomas Paine is often called The Father of Welfare but I have the good sense to know that he was only advocating a better life for those disenfranchised by a free market system and life in general. Andrew Hamilton wanted Mercantilism to be America's economic system of choice even though it was one of the primary reasons why we fought for our liberty against the British to begin with. Benjamin Franklin was a staunch supporter of Smith and was a loyal subject of the British Crown until they ridiculed and banished him at which time he became an American Revolutionary. Thomas Jefferson, my personal favorite, also supported Smith's writings and here was a man who openly possessed common sense, intelligence, honor, courage, and respect for his fellow man during some of the most trying times in the recorded history of mankind.

Even though both Smith and Ricardo's original theories have been bastardized to no end throughout history by people/groups pushing self-serving agendas (corporate libertarianism, marxism, etc), there is no denying the fact that they have stood the test of time and still hold true in today's global economic environment characterized by a floating rate exchange system.

As for the NWO agenda, my mother first discovered it back in the 50's and she first exposed it to me back in the 70's. I researched it extensively for decades in the hope that it would be the key to understanding the world around me until it made me such a miserable person that I decided to step away from it. I have not regretted that decision and have since gone on to study more plausible perspectives, theories, and writings from people that appear to have a much better grip on reality and it has made me a much better person to boot. At this point in my life, I prefer proven experience and observation to unproven theory and conjecture.

So, like it or not, the original theories of Smith and Ricardo have very little to do with "Free Trade" and "Globalism" as they exist today just as the original theories of Thomas Paine have very little to do with Social Security, The New Deal, Minimum Wage, Medicare, LBJ's Great Society Progams, Corporate Welfare, and the taxpayer funded bailouts recently handed out to our "too big to fail" banks and financial corporations.

Last edited:

posse comatosis

Hoo-ahh!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Bayou Perdition
    Thomas Paine is often called The Father of Welfare
    That distinguished titlement belongs to Lyndon Johnson. When that Texas idiot got in the Big Chair, a whole passel of folks didn't never have to work for the man no mo. I done seen it happen with mah own eyes.

Top Bottom