The virtues of the small, properly positioned, rapidly accessible, fixed blade knife

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dv65

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Good info. Nice vid too. I ordered me a Kabar TDI a few days ago. It seems like a must for anyone serious about concealed carry. Better safe than sorry. Thanks for the info...

crippy02

Woodsman and Father
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Saint Francisville
    I read something in a book that was entirely fictional and intended for comical purposes. It is about how to survive a zombie attack and, in worst cases, zombie apocalypse. In one section, it actually goes into detail over which weapons are best for dispatching zombies. ( I was REALLY bored. It was amusing.) I tend to agree with the statement the author made. A strait blade is better because it is easier to slide in and easily slide out. Imagine being in a multiple assailant fight. Imagine stabbing one and then trying to pull the blade out only to find that your serrated edge has snagged on a chunk of bone. It could cost you the few seconds you have to avoid a blow or counter. Life or death? I go with the straight edge.

fm2

Juiceman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    Texas
    Gomez, excellent post & pics!

There's lots of good options for the small fixed blade. It's a much more robust set-up than a folder for many reasons. But when you give them the Pepsi challenge, the "why" becomes painfully obvious.

Find one that works for you and then test and test again to see how you/it works under pressure.
    I'm just now getting back here due to computer problems.

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    What do you guys think about the first one from that vid, the one that goes inside the belt?

That's the sheath shown in Post #3. It's made by Peter Janda of FIN Designs. It's a nice sheath, but it requires a vertical lift as opposed to the horizontal draw of the Infight Access Design. The vertical lift requires greater articulation of the elbow to access.

dfsutton said:
    What is the knife style of the TDI Kabar shown called?
    Not sure what you're asking, exactly.

The Ka-Bar model number for the small, plain edge TDI in black is #1480.

The 'style' as in style of fighting/application? Benner has a heavy silat background and, while the OPOTA curriculum does address slashing cuts, the bulk of the application is thrust driven.

Or style as in 'pistol grip influenced shank'? It doesn't have a specific name, but part of the parameters of the design were to carry & deploy in a mirror image of drawstroke with the off-hand.

Top Bottom