The wikileaks video released today...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Has everyone seen it by now? I understand combat situations are often not what they appear but damn this video looks bad. I would like to hear the opinion from some guys who have actually seen active duty. Should they have fired upon these guys and a van trying to pack up bodies?

http://collateralmurder.com/

I recommend watching the whole video if you haven't seen it yet.

some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    Well u know what , life sucks . But when u r outside AFTER CURFEW (sp) , **** happens .

Edit , well looks like day time , so , IDK .
    If he had an RPG , and the positively identified it as such , then why the hell would ppl be gathered around a man with an RPG .

Last edited:

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    As primitive as your reply is, I tend to agree. A war zone is a war zone. Anything can happen and anyone can die at any moment.

some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    I have a habit of being to blunt . They r looking for weapons , they wont hesitate to shoot if they see any weapons , i cant identify any but not everything is always caught on camera . Im amusing u were deployed , so u know how the rules of engagement work . Now when it came to engaging the bongo truck being that they saw no weapons , that would be a violation of it . One thing i will notice is that when u have the SHTF , why r u going to drive around and pick up bodies .

Last edited:

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Murder. Just murder.

War zonw.

helicoptor.
    RPG.

And you scream murder?

nevermind, they are probably Muuslim, and we already know how anytime a Muslim is killed in your mind it is murder:rolleyes:

I can understand how many would be turned off by the seemingly cavalier attitude of the shooters, but if you have ever been in combat, LE, or any other high stress arena, you will start to understand why this is normal.

Fact is, you have no idea who the killed are, were, or what surveillance was. I know how people like to take what they see at face value, but that is ignorant.

THIS IS WAR. Completely different rules of engagement then when you get to armchair quarterback LEO.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    One thing is , their actions are not normal for what happens after the helicopter starts to fire . Bongo truck wise .

I agree. I am not sure I would be so anxious to run in to help with the gunship still circling overhead. Of course they may have had no idea what just happened. I have no idea if you can even understand when a gunship is firing at you. Might seem like the rounds are just impacting from no where.

some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    I agree. I am not sure I would be so anxious to run in to help with the gunship still circling overhead. Of course they may have had no idea what just happened. I have no idea if you can even understand when a gunship is firing at you. Might seem like the rounds are just impacting from no where.

They knew where the bodies were to go pick them up it looked like .

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA

Yes, and it extremely violet with 25mm hitting inches from you. Has a gunship do a danger close 25mm run on a training exercise once, and i thought I was freaking dead.

You here the thud of the ground before you hear the shot. Also, unless they are hovering overhead, it is just a hummm.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    That dude turkey peaking around the corner sure did look awfully suspicious though.

It's easy to play arm chair commando when you can sit in a chair in the A/C and hit replay a few times before making your final judgment on what happened on a youtube video.

However being in an Hot-ass Apache, that if hit will go down and KILL you and your Co-Pilot, and being in a WAR ZONE where other humans are wanting to KILL YOU... We'll there is NO REPLAY button there. You make the best decisions you can for the safety of you and your men and you move on.

Also to note, they were roughly 1300m away. Might look clear on your nice PC Flat Screen, but these guys look through "ONE" Eye piece.

War and Combat are bad places to act suspicious...

Last edited:

bkeach

Warrior Bride!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    California
    The hunger for blood is evident in the voice of the gunner. I understand resolve in battle but if we lose our regard for life we are no better then terrorists. Lord help us.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    The hunger for blood is evident in the voice of the gunner.

When you get the chance to kill someone who would kill you, or has tried to kill you, or has killed your buddies, the hunger is not so hard to find.

Then once it's over, you're never the same, and the hunger never quite retreats.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    The hunger for blood is evident in the voice of the gunner. I understand resolve in battle but if we lose our regard for life we are no better then terrorists. Lord help us.

Now you can read his mind and his heart?

Again, you were not there. You have no idea what you are talking about.

have you been in battle?

You guys are so quick to jump to conclusions. Even if you had been in Mogadishu for blackhawk down, you still have no idea about the back story here.

Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    **** happens. I know that sounds cavalier, but the fact of the matter is that war is a messy business. This one seems worse because the weapons used are more efficient than ever before and you can stream footage of the carnage onto your big screen, but it's actually probably the cleanest war ever fought. An impressive feat considering the unsettling nature of our enemy.

And like Nola said, if your job was to go up in a helicopter everyday and look at the people you're gunning down in great enough detail to later identify them from the footage, the only way you'll ever cope with that is by acting the way those pilots did.

Top Bottom