There ARE still good people in the world

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Subtitle: Reason #365 why you should always have our business cards on you! :)

A few days ago, fairly late in the evening, Danielle got a call on her cell phone. It was from a young lady we don’t know. She had been out shopping, and noticed something in a shopping cart which was in the parking lot next to her car. The object was a small portfolio which contained an iPad! The iPad was locked, so she couldn't get the owner's information from it. However, within the portfolio were our business cards. This honest lady called Danielle, hoping that she might know the owner. We were on our way to LaShish, and the lady was nearby, so we asked her if she could drop it off there. She did so, then left. Before leaving though, the owner of the restaurant, taken with her honesty, gave her a generous plate of food to bring home and enjoy.

We arrived soon afterwards, and to our delight, found within the portfolio a note with enough information for us to identify the owner. We were able to do so only because it was one of our clients, someone we know well and who bought a beautiful house not long ago. We dropped it off to them a little while later, much to their relief! We then called the young lady who found it, letting her know that it was back in the owner's hands. She appreciated the call, as well as the great meal she had received. Danielle complimented her at length on her honesty. The lady said that others around her when she found the iPad were telling her to just keep it, but that was simply not an option for her. She said it was a great opportunity to demonstrate to her young son the importance of doing the right thing, and used that opportunity to show him an important life lesson.

This small event was an unexpected breath of fresh air, and reinforced our faith that many people are still inherently good, even in a world where far too many are dishonest and uncaring. It was a great way to end an otherwise typical day.

Last edited:

Grandpa23

Patrick
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lafayette LA
    Very cool. I agree that there are still good people out there, it just seems they are getting fewer and farther between sometimes. I'm always willing to go out of my way to do a good deed whenever I can. Maybe someday the good Lord will make it worth my effort. :)

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Once, when I was living in San Antonio, I found a lady's wallet on the parking lot. It had over $400 in it that I could see (I didn't take the time to count it), along with some credit cards. I put her physical address in my GPS and immediately brought it to her. She was thrilled! Sure made my day!

Jester

I thought it was funny...
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    New Orleans Area
    Very cool. I agree that there are still good people out there, it just seems they are getting fewer and farther between sometimes. I'm always willing to go out of my way to do a good deed whenever I can. Maybe someday the good Lord will make it worth my effort. :)

It may be there are people out there who want to do the right thing(s), and just need a role model.
    Let's try to be that role model in our daily, both in the small things, and in the big.
    Attitudes are contagious.
    I pray mine is worth catching.

Grandpa23

Patrick
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lafayette LA
    Once, when I was living in San Antonio, I found a lady's wallet on the parking lot. It had over $400 in it that I could see (I didn't take the time to count it), along with some credit cards. I put her physical address in my GPS and immediately brought it to her. She was thrilled! Sure made my day!

Cool, Dave!!
    Years ago, my wife at the time, was looking at a coat at a yard sale. She found $400.00 in one of the pockets and immediately gave it to the homeowner. She didn't even say thank you. But at least my ex-wife was able to go home with a clear concious.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I was given a bank bag with 15k in it meant for a deposit by a buggie boy making $7.00 an hour years ago. The owner was grateful and had her company buy his family a nice Christmas, gifts and food.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Sometimes, this can backfire !

A few years ago, while we were still living in Houston, we spent a weekend at a hotel we frequent near our son's home in LFT. Preparing to leave, my wife "checked-out" the room before "checking out" of the hotel.

She found a cellphone in the bedside drawer. Noticing that the code and number were from our own Houston neighborhood, she took the phone home with her and called the owner's number.

A man answered and she said to him : "We found your cell phone in the Lafayette Holiday Inn Express, noticed you were in our neighborhood, and brought it here; you can pick it up at our home on Southmore Blvd."

After a pause, this is what she heard in response: "That BITCH was in what hotel in Louisiana?"

Oh-Oh, what did we do ?

leVieux

Last edited:

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Sometimes, this can backfire !

A few years ago, while we were still in Houston, we spent a weekend at a hotel we frequent near our son's home in LFT. Preparing to leave, my wife "checked-out" the room before "checking out" of the hotel.

She found a cellphone in the bedside drawer. Noticing that the code and number were from our own Houston neighborhood, she took the phone home with her and called the owner's number.

A man answered and she said to him : "We found your phone in the Lafayette Holiday Inn Express, noticed you were in our neighborhod and brought it here; you can pick it up at our home on Southmore Blvd."

After a pause, this is what she heard in response: "That BITCH was in what hotel in Louisiana?"

Oh-Oh, what did we do ?

leVieux

WOW!!! Wasn't expecting that one!

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    We've found alot of stuff on the paper route and alway try to track down the owner and give it back.
    A few years ago I found a crack head woman's wallet in the road. I had right at $1000 in it I got it back to her, a few months ago I ran into her at a store and told her I was the one that found her wallet. She didn't remember loosing it. :rolleyes:

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    over the last 3 weeks i have gotten 5 cups of coffee free from various gas stations. lol

i was visiting my father in 08 when a game warden pulls up at 630 pm. he had found the wallet my dad had lost wallet in the Shawnee state forest back in '94. the game warden had found it in aug 08, and spent the time to find my dad, thru 2 address changes. he drove 45 miles to deliver it oct 08.

my dad fed him an elk tenderloin dinner for the effort.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La

2. Tl;Dr 3343 up, 677 down

Too long ; Didn't read.

Any over wordy thread or long drawn out story that people don't want to really read, but reply to anyway.

Also a form of trolling or humorous reply telling some one to get to the point.
    buy tl;dr mugs & shirts
    by D. ESPI Mar 12, 2003 share this add a video

On another note, That is a pretty awesome story. I'm glad to finally read something positive!!!

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    Thank you sir. You have made my life much less complicated.
    I hope a bus finds a way not to stop when you step in the street one day. Short enough and to the point for you. Simply put you are what's wrong with this country. Chemical castration would also be a good thing for you to think about. I hate lazy losers!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    McFreddieMercury
    Top Bottom