They lied, get ready for the "Loop"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    The Neighbors in Action! folks, who spearheaded the opposition against the housing project in Watson, are already getting mobilized aginst the LOOP snake rearing its head again. Take a look at their website (http://www.neighborsnaction.com/), get on their email list, and STAY INVOLVED!

Many of the NIA! people are affiliated with the NOLOOP group. NIA! has also brought attention to other sneaky government projects, attention which those behind these projects did not want. The results have been excellent.

We need to keep the pressure on, and on all fronts.

Hmmm... Maybe Livingston and Ascension should VERY PUBLICLY announce big tax breaks for any Baton Rouge business which relocates to their parish! That would turn up the heat... :D

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I feel for all the people in the projected path of this thing, but I would like to use a quote from the great movie Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy. "You have to have bypasses" I'm all for making it as painless as possible, but it is really needed. The traffic is bearable now, but without I can't imagine what it would be like in 20 years.

Just A Number

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2010
    Can someone explain to me why the loudest proponent of the loop in this story is the engineering firm making millions to study the project? No wonder he is all for it. I'm sure EBR has some engineers already on the parish payroll that could conduct this study for a fraction of the cost. Perhaps we should have the government do its own studies and save a few bucks.

Cajuin

Village Idoit
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Walker, LA
    I'm all for the loop and any other roads over the river from Livingston parish!

What I'm not for is more spending by our corrupt politicians. Here we will waste 100's millions on studies vs just build the damn thing. Your naive if you don't think this ends up in more kick backs aka political contributions. Then they end up paying the land owners a fraction of cost of their property impacted.

It never cease to amaze when traveling in other states the condition of roads, yet ours are the worst in the nation.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    The residents of the BR metropolitan area only care about themselves in the here and now and fail to see beyond to even this evening's next traffic jam.

This is why we have traffic not just on I-10 but also on roads like nicholson, highland, etc, which remain two-lane highways because all the residents scream "not in my neighborhood" everytime there is an attempt at making progress.

Frankly I couldn't care less about any sort of proposed loop, because by the time it is finished I will be dead and gone. I was in grammar school when they started, and will have a doctorate well before it is completed. Some 85 mile loop, by that measurement, would take decades to complete after it is actually started, which could be decades away.

jetmech1983

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Watson, la
    The Neighbors in Action! folks, who spearheaded the opposition against the housing project in Watson, are already getting mobilized aginst the LOOP snake rearing its head again. Take a look at their website (http://www.neighborsnaction.com/), get on their email list, and STAY INVOLVED!

Many of the NIA! people are affiliated with the NOLOOP group. NIA! has also brought attention to other sneaky government projects, attention which those behind these projects did not want. The results have been excellent.

We need to keep the pressure on, and on all fronts.

Hmmm... Maybe Livingston and Ascension should VERY PUBLICLY announce big tax breaks for any Baton Rouge business which relocates to their parish! That would turn up the heat... :D

Thankgs Greg. Working toward a common goal again I see. This stuff needs to be buried. It would be about a quarter mile from my house.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    The southern loop and the Iberville bridge would wipe out my house. It's CRAZY that they are still trying to get this through. As others have said, 20 years ago many of the areas they want to go through were cow fields. Today, nieghborhoods and businesses are all over those areas. Heck, just widening Hwy 30 to 5 lanes through St Gabriel is going to be a big deal since the city is finishing up building a school right next to the highway near the community center and just finished a indoor soccer center in the same area. There is also a now subdivision near there. The place they have marked for the bridge goes right through my neighborhood. Twenty years ago it was just a couple of houses and trailers. Today we have bunches of brick homes and about 70 new homes being built and sold. Are they really going to buy up those homes and move those people? I doubt it. All Kip is doing is wasteing money on a project which will not happen. Yes traffic is horrible but only durring certain times of the days. I work night and can tell you that when I'm driving to work at 11pm most nights the streets are almost empty. When I get off at 8am I really don't have too much of a problem getting home. An hour or even 30 minutes can make a big difference on a trip and if you are going to coast or sit in gridlock.

sam4freedom

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Zachary
    I am against it. Not because it's not needed but because of how it's being done. The northern part of the loop would land real close to my house. Like others, not close enough to buy out, but close enough to get all of the "benefits" of the new road.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Yes traffic is horrible but only durring certain times of the days. I work night and can tell you that when I'm driving to work at 11pm most nights the streets are almost empty. When I get off at 8am I really don't have too much of a problem getting home. An hour or even 30 minutes can make a big difference on a trip and if you are going to coast or sit in gridlock.

I fail to see what the streets being empty at 11pm has to do with the price of tea in china.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I haven't seen any credible engineering studies that prove the benefit of the loop towards B.R. traffic . A lot of uneducated opinions , but no real facts by UNBIASED sources .

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I fail to see what the streets being empty at 11pm has to do with the price of tea in china.

Perhaps he's advocating that residents living in the area should quit their day jobs and pick up a night shift. And all the interstate motorists and truckers should plan their voyages to take them through the greater Baton Rouge area around midnight. And more kids should go to night school for elementary education. :mamoru:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom