They Will Sell Tons of This Stuff; Possibilities are Endless!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    There will be some jackass out there that will spray it all over himself just to see what happens. Watch. :bowrofl:

Ijaw

Unknown Camper
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Bayou Tigre, LA
    Popular Mechanics points out that it's called a "treatment" because it isn't permanent. It eventually wears off depending on the amount of use. It is concerning that NeverWet hasn't discussed how long the treatments last based on their experiments. :ohreally: Environmental conditions will affect the longevity of the NeverWet coating. Abrasion is the leading cause of reduction in the coating’s life, but also exposure to things such as high pressure water can reduce the life of the coating.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I don't use soap on deer hunting clothes!?! I don't use soap on my sneakers, but I do sometimes step in water!?!

If nothing sticks to it, why do you have to wash it unless your body soils the inside of outer layer clothing?

I was answering Ritten's question about washing treated clothes.

For boots, outer shells, etc it should work great. Far from permanent, but slap a coat on every few hunts and I bet it will be magical.

I am disappointed there hasn't been a single "NeverWet? My wife invented that YEARS ago!" joke though.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    I was answering Ritten's question about washing treated clothes.

For boots, outer shells, etc it should work great. Far from permanent, but slap a coat on every few hunts and I bet it will be magical.

I am disappointed there hasn't been a single "NeverWet? My wife invented that YEARS ago!" joke though.

How strong of a chemical odor is it? May hinder your deer hunts

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    How strong of a chemical odor is it? May hinder your deer hunts

If it doesn't smell like human testosterone (man ass), I am okay with it.

My 35 years of field trials along with my very impressive success rate; conclude that deer only smell and recognize me as a credible threat. I am even ready to establish that deer won't spook on pre-pubescent children. My kid NEVER gets busted. However, I warned him; wait till you get hair on your nuts; then get back to me on that. :ohreally:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    My 35 years of field trials along with my very impressive success rate

sm8.jpg

(Sorry, Emp....Just....Had to....:dogkeke:)

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    There is another product out that is supposed to be very durable. They have a video on youtube of them coating their leather boots and walking in cement and none of it sticks. They also spray it on their shovel and again none of it sticks.

Only downside was that it cost a few hundred dollars per quart.

If I can remember the name I'll post he video.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    Well I must have screwed something up because after treating my boots with the rustoleum style 2 part solution as per the can instructions the finish just rubbed off with the light touch of my finger. They were brand new rubber boots I just opened the box today. Maybe there was an oil on them or some other kind of coat. So far its only a waste of 20$ :D

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Well I must have screwed something up because after treating my boots with the rustoleum style 2 part solution as per the can instructions the finish just rubbed off with the light touch of my finger. They were brand new rubber boots I just opened the box today. Maybe there was an oil on them or some other kind of coat. So far its only a waste of 20$ :D

Seen a good bit of this type of thing around the web. General consensus is people are so excited to try it they don't do proper prep work or let it dry long enough. I imagine I'd do the same. :D

Top Bottom