Things to Avoid Saying in a Gun Store.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    Oh, and I stopped counting how many times they asked if we had "extendo's".

I brought a pack in one day, but the owner told me he really did not want me to start selling them.

extendos-picture-for-blog.jpg

Renz7

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2024
    Phoenix, AZ
    When someone refers to a magazine as a "clip"
    I'll never forget the time this cholo looking dude walked in asking for "extended gun clips" at my LGS, and all the store owner did was without a word, slap a ridiculously long clip on the glass counter. Obviously the guy was confused, but I swear the GS owner must've been saving that one because it was perfect haha.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Young man walked into the shop one day, slapped hard cash on the counter and declared he wanted "that Smith and Wesson Glock 40". He was pointing to a S.A. XD chambered in 40 S&W.
    Background check cleared and the cash went into the drawer.
    We had a guy walk in wanting to buy 'The Best Pistol We Had'. A coworker started showing him Glocks. I stopped him, and put a $2K custom Sig Sauer in the counter. I declared, 'This Is The Best Pistol In The Shop'.
    He bought it.
    Coworker asked afterwards why I suggested that pistol.
    Profit was my answer. That pistol made us the Best Profit of Any Pistol In The Shop.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Some of the wildest most uninformed $hit I have ever heard is when, for amusement, I stand near the gun counter at Academy Sports. I love the absurdity that comes out of the gun clerks mouths to customers. If you just stand there looking at binoculars long enough you get to hear some fun stuff. I swear they intentionally hire people with the most retarded gun knowledge possible. There is no other explanation.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Some of the wildest most uninformed $hit I have ever heard is when, for amusement, I stand near the gun counter at Academy Sports. I love the absurdity that comes out of the gun clerks mouths to customers. If you just stand there looking at binoculars long enough you get to hear some fun stuff. I swear they intentionally hire people with the most retarded gun knowledge possible. There is no other explanation.
    At Academy Sports, the caliber is listed on the tag in the show case. 9x19 pistol's caliber is listed as '9mm Luger', which is one of many correct descriptions.

I've heard customers at the counter exclaim what a Great Price that is for a Luger, when they're looking at a plastic Taurus in the case.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    103   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Hey bro that’s a “yap stick?” Uhhh what? “Yea bro that’s a yap stick, look it got that extendo on there!!!” That thing go blooop bloop bloop!!! And the people be going dip dip dip dead….

Hmm ok… lol, real conversation

I love our rights but on the scary side of it now all these people can legally conceal carry also :noes: But it’s hard for them to hide them extendos :dogkeke:

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    I stopped at a gun shop in Lafayette with a co worker . He wanted a Browning BDM . Spent a lot of time with sales guy . Finally he handed it back to the guy and said " Thanks , I can order it cheaper " . :eek5:
    And the same guys get pissed when you charge them for a transfer. "Man, I am one of your best customers! I'm in here all the time drinking your free coffee ! You can't let this one slide? What ? Cash only? I can't run it on my card?"

Grrrrrrr... I need to walk away from this thread.

Top Bottom