You'll be voting for Harris for sure after watching this...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    You know you can edit your original post if you have more to add. It's hard to respond to you when you post multiple times in response to something.

A. I didn't say you made accusations. I said if I (me) was going to, I'd come with receipts in hand to back up my claims. Not debunked Youtube videos. If posting misinformation as you find it is your thing, by all means. I can't stop you.

B. I'm saying, if Vance isn't lying, he is doing a phenomenal job of covering up the evidence that it happened. Bit odd that he'd be covering for his Haitian buddies at this point.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    You know you can edit your original post if you have more to add. It's hard to respond to you when you post multiple times in response to something.

A. I didn't say you made accusations. I said if I (me) was going to, I'd come with receipts in hand to back up my claims. Not debunked Youtube videos. If posting misinformation as you find it is your thing, by all means. I can't stop you.

B. I'm saying, if Vance isn't lying, he is doing a phenomenal job of covering up the evidence that it happened. Bit odd that he'd be covering for his Haitian buddies at this point.
    Maybe I'll call Vance's office and see if he can put some evidence on display, or point me in the right direction.

I understand I can edit a post but it won't notify you if I do that.

I'll edit this again if it suits you.
    You're usually pretty well informed, and I admit you're often pretty d**n sharp.

Do you not have an opinion about my statements on covid/vaccines that you're willing to post?

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    In a few interviews I've recently seen with Vance, his position is he is reporting what his constituents are telling him. From that perspective, what he's saying could be true even if there's no evidence of it happening. And then there's the saying "the absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006

I would be immensely impressed.

Perez, peddling unsubstantiated rumors as facts and then hiding behind “you can’t prove it’s not true” is as bad faith as it gets. Forget the fact that he wants to be #2 to what’s arguably the most prominent post in the world. Shouldn’t we expect a little more than “someone told me”. I mean, I heard Donald Trump wears diapers. Do I think it’s true despite there being zero evidence to the contrary? No.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria

You're on.

Once I get freed up during normal business hours, maybe tomorrow or the next day (hopefully), I'll make some calls.

I appreciate you posting that.

Perez has a wealth of information, himself. In my opinion, your last post toward him was pretty d**n sh***y.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Perez, peddling unsubstantiated rumors as facts and then hiding behind “you can’t prove it’s not true” is as bad faith as it gets. Forget the fact that he wants to be #2 to what’s arguably the most prominent post in the world. Shouldn’t we expect a little more than “someone told me”. I mean, I heard Donald Trump wears diapers. Do I think it’s true despite there being zero evidence to the contrary? No.

He's not hiding behind “you can’t prove it’s not true.”

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    You're on.

Once I get freed up during normal business hours, maybe tomorrow or the next day (hopefully), I'll make some calls.

I appreciate you posting that.

Perez has a wealth of information, himself. In my opinion, your last post toward him was pretty d**n sh***y.

I should have been more clear. I wasn’t saying the he (Perez) was doing it. I was referring to Vance. No disrespect was meant to be directed at Perez. We can disagree and still be cordial.

And seriously, props if you make an effort. I respect the hell out of that.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I should have been more clear. I wasn’t saying the he (Perez) was doing it. I was referring to Vance. No disrespect was meant to be directed at Perez. We can disagree and still be cordial.

I read it as "Vance peddling unsubstantiated rumors as facts and then hiding behind “you can’t prove it’s not true” is as bad faith as it gets, Perez." No disrespect was taken. But it's nice that someone was looking out for me.

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    Awesome! Me too...which is why I have no problem with Haitians living in Springfield, OH; because they're there legally since Haiti is one of 16 countries eligible for temporary protection status through Feb. 3, 2026 by the Secretary of Homeland Security.

Haitians are sending their mentally ill and criminals. These humanitarian exemptions are not a invitation to send criminals. The Democraps need to be jailed for their stealing of Hatian treasure under the clinton floundation.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria

I apologize for misunderstanding.

I see a handful of Haitian immigrants speaking in opposition to the claims (naturally) but that's to be expected and it's still only a few individuals. Some videos alleging Haitian immigrants going to church "to deal with the hate of the claims" (give me a f**kin' break). People who commit crimes routinely lie about it.

Here's a video of Vance speaking on it:

At the very least, journalists need to go to Springfield and surrounding areas and post the footage of the resident citizens that are making the claims. Claims will vary depending on the "interviewee" and an interviewer can compile whatever they want to in order to make it look a certain way.

Many people saying the claims of the Haitian immigrants eating cats/dogs/ducks/geese are false likely are speaking from what they've seen in their world, and others may simply be speaking in opposition as a cover-up (if they know it's true) so that their democrat candidate doesn't look as bad. These are all factors we all need to consider. The first casualty in every war is always the truth.

The footage of the town hall meetings need to be shown. Those meetings of the local residents speaking out.

I'll be back later.

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    I apologize for misunderstanding.

It's no sweat. When I read my post, I realized it could be ambiguous.
    I see a handful of Haitian immigrants speaking in opposition to the claims (naturally) but that's to be expected and it's still only a few individuals. Some videos alleging Haitian immigrants going to church "to deal with the hate of the claims" (give me a f**kin' break). People who commit crimes routinely lie about it.

We have to be realistic. We can't expect 15,000 people to get air time voicing their assertion that the claims are bogus especially when there is likely a large portion that don't even speak english. Also, people who are innocent of crimes typically proclaim their innocence.
    Here's a video of Vance speaking on it:

At the very least, journalists need to go to Springfield and surrounding areas and post the footage of the resident citizens that are making the claims. Claims will vary depending on the "interviewee" and an interviewer can compile whatever they want to in order to make it look a certain way.

Many people saying the claims of the Haitian immigrants eating cats/dogs/ducks/geese are false likely are speaking from what they've seen in their world, and others may simply be speaking in opposition as a cover-up (if they know it's true) so that their democrat candidate doesn't look as bad. These are all factors we all need to consider. The first casualty in every war is always the truth.

I agree with everything said here also. I underlined the important bit though since I couldn't agree more and want to elaborate. As consumers of information that we often get 3rd and 4th hand, it's our duty to exercise caution when sifting through the junk that gets thrown at us. We have to remember our own proclivities and predispositions that might influence how much (or how little) merit we give something as well as consider the source and their own goals. That's why evidence to support claims and accusations is so important when we can't physically verify something ourselves; it's literally the only defense we have against being manipulated and let astray. Too often these days, people and media publish and then research.
    The footage of the town hall meetings need to be shown. Those meetings of the local residents speaking out.

I'll be back later.

I agree here also. It would be nice to know who is actually making these claims.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ultimately, this isn't about a few pets belonging to people we don't know in a town that we probably didn't know existed. Regardless if there is any truth to this or not, it's important to remember who said it and why. The conservative candidates need/want the country to be outraged by immigrants committing crimes. They want Americans to believe that Springfield, OH is a microcosm for America as a whole. If they find an opportunity to generate fantastical headlines that get media air time, social media sharing and online news clicks, they're going to run with it no matter how well vetted the claim is. It's a big part of their campaign. In my humble opinion, it is an issue but being loose with claims that wind up being untrue (or unable to be proven) hurts the credibility of the republican party which undermines their ability to win over the public and enact actual, meaningful legislation.

jcbvh

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Louisiana
    It's no sweat. When I read my post, I realized it could be ambiguous.

We have to be realistic. We can't expect 15,000 people to get air time voicing their assertion that the claims are bogus especially when there is likely a large portion that don't even speak english. Also, people who are innocent of crimes typically proclaim their innocence.

I agree with everything said here also. I underlined the important bit though since I couldn't agree more and want to elaborate. As consumers of information that we often get 3rd and 4th hand, it's our duty to exercise caution when sifting through the junk that gets thrown at us. We have to remember our own proclivities and predispositions that might influence how much (or how little) merit we give something as well as consider the source and their own goals. That's why evidence to support claims and accusations is so important when we can't physically verify something ourselves; it's literally the only defense we have against being manipulated and let astray. Too often these days, people and media publish and then research.

I agree here also. It would be nice to know who is actually making these claims.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ultimately, this isn't about a few pets belonging to people we don't know in a town that we probably didn't know existed. Regardless if there is any truth to this or not, it's important to remember who said it and why. The conservative candidates need/want the country to be outraged by immigrants committing crimes. They want Americans to believe that Springfield, OH is a microcosm for America as a whole. If they find an opportunity to generate fantastical headlines that get media air time, social media sharing and online news clicks, they're going to run with it no matter how well vetted the claim is. It's a big part of their campaign. In my humble opinion, it is an issue but being loose with claims that wind up being untrue (or unable to be proven) hurts the credibility of the republican party which undermines their ability to win over the public and enact actual, meaningful legislation.
    Are you voting for Harris or sitting this one out?

Top Bottom