This is Messed up

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I think we are not understanding each other...The police claim they saved the FATHER'S life by preventing his attempts to save the BABY. The police claim the scene was already being processed and the baby's dead body was already discovered, before the FATHER tried to enter the home.

So I ask again (in a more clear manner), If the scene was already being processed and the baby already dead and discovered, did they actually save the FATHER from anything?

Wtf does it matter? Are you offended by the wording or that they are getting credit for saving this guys life?

MOTOR51

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    If they "recovered" the body before the father got there, why didn't they just say "hey buddy your kid isn't in the house". Something doesn't make sense. I understand a parent being crazy at the possibility of a child in danger, but its hard to believe that they would try to save a child that they knew wasn't in the house any longer? We arn't getting the full or correct story...gotta love the media.

If you've ever been on the scene of a house fire with multiple agencies involved, it can tend to be a little chaotic and information gets thrown around quickly with little time to digest or verify. Also, the strutural integrity of the home may have been so compromised during the fire, that it was unsafe to make any type of entry.

If this happened after the fact, then that scene basically becomes a crime scene until the cause of the fire can be determined by investigators, especially when there is a death involved, and they didn't want the father possibly contaminating the scene.

Rooda

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Dallas via Bunkie
    oh that's right, the grandfather said the police saved his son's life by preventing his access b/c the house was still ablaze.

Exactly. Hate to see the father die trying to do something that has a 0% chance of success. Just a bad deal either way.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Wtf does it matter? Are you offended by the wording or that they are getting credit for saving this guys life?

MOTOR51

I was hoping to see that the police handled this horrific event correctly. I was hoping the police didn't actually prevent this father from attempting to save his baby, as the news reports put it.

If the baby was not discovered and could have still been alive, then why do the police have the power to prevent the father's multiples attempts to save his own child?

If the baby was already discovered to be dead, and the scene was being processed, then the police did the right thing.

I'm hoping it's the latter.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I was hoping to see that the police handled this horrific event correctly. I was hoping the police didn't actually prevent this father from attempting to save his baby, as the news reports put it.

If the baby was not discovered and could have still been alive, then why do the police have the power to prevent the father's multiples attempts to save his own child?

If that was the case, the father's actions could have potentially put firefighter's lives in jeopardy by his actions.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

If the baby was already discovered to be dead, and the scene was being processed, then the police did the right thing.

I'm hoping it's the latter.

No you are not.

MOTOR51

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    yea me either.

Can a scene be processed while a house is still ablaze?

Kind of....it could also meant that the fire department was in the process of salvage/overhaul at the time and there were still hotspots/smolders inside of the house.

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    No you are not.

MOTOR51

34219326.jpg

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If you've ever been on the scene of a house fire with multiple agencies involved, it can tend to be a little chaotic and information gets thrown around quickly with little time to digest or verify. Also, the strutural integrity of the home may have been so compromised during the fire, that it was unsafe to make any type of entry.

If this happened after the fact, then that scene basically becomes a crime scene until the cause of the fire can be determined by investigators, especially when there is a death involved, and they didn't want the father possibly contaminating the scene.

What he said.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    QFT - quoted for truth - a statement made to insinuate complete concurrence of opinion and to assert some consensus on the statement.

Used interchangeably with "+1" and "IAWTAP (I agree with the above post)"

Top Bottom