thoughts on 6.8mm assault rifle, specifically lwrc m6a2 or barrett

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Been looking at some assault rifles and came across some stuff about the 6.8mm round, which is more powerful and larger then the 5.56. I was looking at getting one of these, and specifically looking at the LWRC M6A2. Any insight on the 6.8 over 5.56 for an AR, LWRC, or Barrett?
    Thanks!

Last edited:

do2gomike

Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    lafitte,la
    I have 2 6.8 rifles one piston operated i've shot the 3 mentioned. Out of the 3 I like the rec7 the best,and no I don't own any of the above mentioned but have friends that do and we shoot very often

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Are you asking if I want one or if I need one? If so, I want one. I have an RRA AR-15, don't NEED it. Not practical for HD in my situation, nor hunting. Just a fun weapon to have, build, and shoot.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    No I was specifically talking about a Piston Gun vs. a DI Gun. Personally I don't care for Pistons. I don't like the weight, cost, proprietary parts etc. I would rather have a DI gun. I don't think most people shoot enough to get the bennies of a Piston Gun. I really like the Barrett of the 2 you mentioned. But I would also recommend you take a look at the LMT MRP stuff. With the LMT system you can swap calibers easily.

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Oh sorry, in that case... I really only know the basics of assault rifles. From what I know, I don't really prefer either over the other. I have only used DI and been happy with it. Not really sure what benefits if any there are with piston. I am just looking at the 6.8mm assault rifle, over the 5.56. I will look up the LMT MRP you mentioned. You can swap between 5.56 and 6.8? Thanks for the information!

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Just go to a 300 Blackout, should give you the punch that you are looking for in a small package without heaving to go to a bigger and heavier platform IMO.

OR as mentioned b4 .308 is easier to find than 6.5 and 6.8

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedactedUsername
    Top Bottom