Three types of FAL UPPER receivers!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    Three types of FAL upper receivers: Starting at the top is a Type II upper receiver. Type II's ALL have the CHC (Carry Handle Cuts)
    The middle is a type III receiver, and lastly the bottom is a type I receiver. Type I and III uppers have the optional CHC's.
    There are also 3 type lowers that is a type I and a type II and type III. It is hard to distinguish between the I and II from pics unless you really have a good pic at the correct angle, IN the pic here the Top Rifle is a type II upper and lower as the Bottom is a type I upper and lower, the middle one again is a type III upper BUT hard to tell about the lower.

I will try and explain the difference: If you will notice the type II has the second lightening cut on the very rear lower section of the upper receiver looks like only a very small portion of a circle.
    The type I upper has one continuous lightening cut that carries all the way back to the lower receiver.
    The type III has NO lightening cuts.

OK On the type I lower the lightening cut has a 90 cut
    The type II lower has a radius cut in the lower receiver to match the radius of the upper lightening cut.

Hope this helps without too much confusion!

1674bac.jpg

KT

Last edited:
    Top Bottom