Time line ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChickenWhistle

Thingamajig
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Houma, LA
    I just mailed mine last week, and I sure as hell hope to get mine before then. From what I can gather, they are pretty well caught up on the back log, so I guess it depends on how much they have to "dig" into your past. If you don't have any arrest history or medical issues, it shouldn't take the whole 120 days.

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    They're telling people 2 to 3 months, but some people seem to be getting them in about 30, including me.

I dropped my app off at LSP on December 15th, and received my CHP in the mail on January 13th.

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    At the time I mailed the package I was not aware of the delievery to state police. I had my finger prints done at our sheriffs office . They charged me $10 .

missingAZ

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    Morgan City
    I finally got a chance to get to LSP in BR and submit my packet on Jan 5 or 6 and the ladies told me 4-6 weeks. Hopefully I'll have it before end of February.

FWIW, my brother in AZ got his chp AND his form 1 back in less than 6 weeks total. Got to love AZ and MCSO.

Mouthpiece

Attorney
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    New Orleans
    94 days today. I had two divorces (you know how hard it is to get a 25 year old divorce judgment even if you are an attorney). I dropped my application off in person and had them scan my prints.

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    Yesterday

94 days today. I had two divorces (you know how hard it is to get a 25 year old divorce judgment even if you are an attorney). I dropped my application off in person and had them scan my prints.

Know that feeling!
    Dropped off my RENEWAL package yesterday at 1:00 pm in the hands of someone who I know well that works in the department and was told 60 days would be about time frame. I don't renew till April 12th but hope I got it in in time will advise!

Snookie

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    Well cowboys and cowgirls guess what I got in the mail today? Come on guess . ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A letter stating I need to come to Baton Rouge ,LSP headquarters 7919 Independence Blvd. , to have my prints redone electronocally as this could shorten the process by 30 days. It cost $10 ,I already paid my local sheriff $10 for a butcher job. :)

PS: think this is a consiracy up to bring me in ? I hate doing business with any part of the government.

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    Well cowboys and cowgirls guess what I got in the mail today? Come on guess . ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A letter stating I need to come to Baton Rouge ,LSP headquarters 7919 Independence Blvd. , to have my prints redone electronocally as this could shorten the process by 30 days. It cost $10 ,I already paid my local sheriff $10 for a butcher job. :)

PS: think this is a consiracy up to bring me in ? I hate doing business with any part of the government.

I was afraid that would happen to you. No, it's not a conspiracy. From what I was told, they reject a pretty high percentage of old-school paper and ink prints.

BayouDude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Terrebonne Parish
    Sent mine in the week of Christmas and received my permit on Thursday February 11th.
    Finger prints were done at the class in Thibodaux and went through with no problems.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I was afraid that would happen to you. No, it's not a conspiracy. From what I was told, they reject a pretty high percentage of old-school paper and ink prints.

I was thinking the same thing when I read the SO did his prints. Go back and tell them you want your 10 buck back. :)

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington

I ask that anyone who cannot get printed electronically to mail in two sets of prints. At least this will up your odds a little.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    CloudStrife ;Guess we been watching too much C. S. I.instant identifiers.

I don't really keep up with those shows other than 24, but we do have the technology (way more) to have system containing every persons personal info and criminal record. If every person on the planet were entered, a modern computer could search through them all in minutes.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jamesernestomurray
    Top Bottom