Time to Shoot Fast

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Monday night practice @ Precision hammer down by 1830 hrs.

Wednesday night practice @ The Baker Range hammer down by 1830 hrs.

LSS steel match this Saturday @ Southern Shooting Center 0830 hrs

EAPS monthly USPSA match @ APSO range 0830 hrs.

Something for everyone. Time to practice and a place to shoot a match. We welcome all new shooters and want everyone to come out for a rocking good time.

Bryan
    "Beauxdog"
    L-2311 :)

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have a meeting Monday 03/02/2009 but plan on going to Baker Wednesday 03/04/2009.

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    What do I need to bring? I might be able to make it Monday night. I need to get some time in before my surgery and I'm out of commission for at least a month.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    We set up small stages @ Precision that test your skill level. Very little movement due to space limitations. You will need a gun, 100 rounds of ammo, a holster that covers the trigger guard, at least 3 speed loaders or mags, pouches for loaders and a heavy stiff belt to hold it all. Come see what we use before you buy anything. If you let us know a head of time, most of us can loan you enough material to get by with as you learn what works. Since we are practicing at Precision you can use a .22 rimfire if you like. Most matches require that at least a gun of 9 mm or 38 spl caliber be used.

Come check it out, it won't hurt for long. We have "hooked" several BS members and they are becoming regulars and have also started showing up at some of the local matches. Some even smile after shooting.

Bryan
    "Beauxdog"
    L-2311 :)

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Hey Folks,

It seems I was getting ahead of myself here. Both matches are on the 3rd weekend. NOT this coming weekend. Sorry about the mix-up. My schedule is all screwed up and I am having one hell of a time keeping it all straight.

Again, Sorry for the mix-up. Better thank kz45 for keeping me straight.

Bryan

vsound

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Do you have something worked up? And, are there going to be enough participants that you know of? I don't mind setting something up and running it, if there's going to be enough participation.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    It would be just like the shotgun event we had a awhile back ~20, give or take a few. You, Bill, Ben, Gordo and Brandon & others. I have the stages, I just can't make it to the match. I am also talking to KZ45 about helping out with the stages.

Bryan

Lucky54

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette
    Ok guys need a little help here. I am jsut getting in to this thing and trying to learn all your lingo and all and I gotta tell ya it is a blast reading alot of the past posts.

However, I am wanting to at least watch a pistol competition if not participate in one to see what all the hoopla is about. :) Actually my son in FL shoots competition 2 times a month so I am familiar in general with it but never participated in one.

I live in Lafayette and I shoot 9mm. Where and when are the closest ones to me? Anyone know?

Thanks in advance for the help.

smith625

REVOLVER DRIVER
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    port vincent louisiana
    The closest to you would probably be The cas match at the southern shooting center in Thibodeaux. It was this past weekend, although this sat they are having a steel match, they start at 9:00 am. Cajun action shooters shoots the first sunday of the month. For when all the clubs shoot you can ck the sticky on this thread. You can pm me for more info as well i run the east ascension match in gonzales.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    The closest to you would probably be The cas match at the southern shooting center in Thibodeaux. It was this past weekend, although this sat they are having a steel match, they start at 9:00 am. Cajun action shooters shoots the first sunday of the month. For when all the clubs shoot you can ck the sticky on this thread. You can pm me for more info as well i run the east ascension match in gonzales.

I believe the steel match is next Saturday the 14th, not this Saturday.

Pure Luck

Yes it is loaded
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Lafayette
    Shooting steel is very fun! yet very humbling. You (as well as anyone watching you) get instant feed back if you hit or miss . Shoot any match you can attend!

Top Bottom